wheel nut constantly unscrews

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim5000g

Hi all,

I have a 29cc KM Baja and my rear rightside wheel nut constantly comes undone. i have tried using loctite but then i have the problem off taking it off. just wondering if you guys experience the same problem and what you do to get around it. obviously the thread on the left wheel is against the direction off travel and so doesn't have the tendency to unscrew

many thanks,

Tim

Use Superglue for wheel nuts loosening

Use a spot of superglue on the end of the thread once nut is in place. This makes it easy to crack the superglue at a later date when you need to remove the wheel :)

Last edited:
Get a little picture of Kelly Brooke in a bikini & just stick it to your wheel.......that will make sure your nuts stay nice and tight :w00t:

i put threadlock on mine a while ago the nuts never fell of again infact it took me an hour to get them back off:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They should also have a knurl, mine do anyway, try the fronts on the back as the knurl might not be good, or do as USAbaja5 says and invest in a good set of Darksouls, i have these on my other buggy and i've never had one loosen on me.

Teflon tape for plumbing. Used it for some time now with no back off issue. I started using it on my shocks too to keep the adjustment ring from backing off. Worth a shot and CHEAP!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks