Wheel to Chassis Brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackobyte

Seen this idea off the site somewhere, not sure who done it but it looked like a good idea.
So hence forth i decided to try it out.
Here are the results so far.

Its made up of some 6mm threaded rod and 2 x 6mm steering ball joints with a plastic sleeve over just to tidy it up a bit.

Still need to do the other side (voo is graciously going to donate a couple more ball joints so i can do the other side), then it needs testing to see if it interfers with the rear shock set-up.

The reason for the mod is the back wheels were pulling in alot on acceleration and my drive shaft sometimes hit my gearing. Hopefully this will stop the back wheels from turning in.

Last edited:
Seen this idea off the site somewhere, not sure who done it but it looked like a good idea.
So hence forth i decided to try it out.
Here are the results so far.

Its made up of some 6mm threaded rod and 2 x 6mm steering ball joints with a plastic sleeve over just to tidy it up a bit.

Still need to do the other side (voo is graciously going to donate a couple more ball joints so i can do the other side), then it needs testing to see if it interfers with the rear shock set-up.

The reason for the mod is the back wheels were pulling in alot on acceleration and my drive shaft sometimes hit my gearing. Hopefully this will stop the back wheels from turning in.

now that was a quick mod mate we were only talkin bout this last week :clown: look like it will work, let us know how you get on with it bud :cool2:

At worst you will hit some thing..Break the plastic rose or eye...
but from the looks of things ..should work out ok...Slawhammer

Haven't had time yet to test um out Charlie, hoping either this afternoon or sometime tomorrow if the rain stays away.:boat:

Both sides now have a brace fitted.

E

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks