Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Wheels and tires for DBXL.

Discussion in 'Large Scale RC Wheels and Tires' started by DBXLGUY, Feb 11, 2014.

1. DBXLGUY

DBXLGUY Well-Known Member

Looking for after market wheels and tires that will fit on the Losi DBXL. Any ideas?

2. Revolauncher

Revolauncher Well-Known Member

3. paxo

paxo Member

Got the same set on mine,seem ok but they do narrow the track a bit.
    DSCF2011_zps4445a6e8.jpg

4. GLYNSAVAGE

GLYNSAVAGE Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

5. DBXLGUY

DBXLGUY Well-Known Member

Do you like the tires? Worth getting?

6. paxo

paxo Member

For just bashing about on short grass they seem ok.Just enough grip,but not too much,so you can still slide it about.don't normally buy clone parts,but quite impressed with these.

Joel Toledo likes this.
  7. florida_losi

florida_losi Active Member

HPI Baja rear wheels

The rear wheels of HPI Baja will fit the DBXL ? Tks

8. Mr.Wolfeman

Mr.Wolfeman Member

Ya i wonder that too...Will the rear rims and tires of hpi baja 5b fit the Losi dbxl all around?

Did you find the answer to this question? Im wondering the same?...

9. Nasim

Nasim Well-Known Member

I know this is an older thread but the rear wheels and tires from the Baja fit the DBXL quite nicely. 20170729_161016.jpg

atom3624 and WoodiE like this.
  10. Bryan K.

Bryan K. Member

I'm not sure what wheels those are, but the 5B rear wheels/tires definitely do not fit the front of the DBXL without the use of axle extenders. I'm running 5B rear Proline desperado's and bowties all around with DGI axle extenders. The wheel will rub against the steering turnbuckle badly. I've tried this on both the Proline desperados and the stock hpi Baja wheels.

11. Nasim

Nasim Well-Known Member

These are the rear rims but in white. I test fitted the stock rear wheels from my Baja on the front of my DBXL first before i ordered these. Here is a link. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPGR1&P=7
    Then i ordered thr Duratrax Six Pack rear tires. http://www.davesmotors.com/Duratrax-DTXC5014-Six-Pack-B5-Rear-Tire-Set-for-HPI-Baja-5b5b.html No rubbing at all, no need for axle extenders, and all the options of Baja tires available to me. It is a close fit though but again no rubbing.

12. Bryan K.

Bryan K. Member

Something to consider. Although they don't rub when the buggy is static, when you bash they will definitely rub. There is play in the hub, ball links, wheels, etc. It will rub for sure. Again, I've had both the Desperado and stock HPI 5B rear wheels mounted on with no extenders and the inner beadlock ring and screws will rub the front turn buckle under load with cornering forces and bumps. Why chance that? Might as well do it properly. I'll snap a pic to show you just how close it is. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable running them like that. These buggies don't exactly have tight tolerances, everything wiggles around.

13. Nasim

Nasim Well-Known Member

Well i must admit when I'm wrong. Did some maintenance on the DBXL yesterday and did notice some rubbing on the inner bead lock and the turn buckle. You were absolutely correct. You can see in the pics below how some of the turn buckle was chewed up. For now i will continue to run it and see how long it lasts. That being said, do you know where i can find extenders?
    20170916_203634.jpg 20170916_203706.jpg

14. Nasim

Nasim Well-Known Member

So i went ahead and bought the DGI 1in spacers, and boy what a difference. I haven't driven the truck with them yet, but i am very happy with the results. Now my rear Baja 5b wheels fit with no issues at all. You can see wherevthe rim was rubbing the turn buckle. Some new turn buckles are next on the list.
    20171109_141232.jpg
    20171109_141253.jpg

15. Bryan K.

Bryan K. Member

Good stuff, sorry I didn't see this thread till now. I too got the DGI 1" extenders. I love the way it handles. I run on road only so together with my Hostile drag slicks the buggy handles like it's on rails. Even when I ran off-road with proline bowties I would get traction roll in corners with the stock setup, after adding the extenders, I never traction rolled it even once. Enjoy! You'll love them. Probably best bang for the buck upgrade since nothing is cheap on these buggies. I know it's a personal preference, but I actually prefer the looks of the wider stance. It gives it a lot more presence.