Where can i buy outer wear cover for the pull start on gas engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteolheadz100

I've been searching around and I can't find any place that sells the motor covers to protect it from dirt getting in the flywheel and crank pulley where can I buy this

Outerwears still makes the pullstart covers...i don't think they make the cranck case covers anymore though. You can check DDM or Largescalerc.com or Ebay or Amazon for outerwears prefilters. They are all the place on those sites.
Or you ca do the mesh mod.

Link to the outwears site is below.
http://www.outerwearsracing.com

Order directly from outerwears. They make them to order. Ordered mine last Saturday and they came in the mail by Thursday. If your gonna run in sand mesh mod wont help. Outerwears is best.Use silicone on the corners that helps alot.

Last edited:
Yea youll have to remove the engine. Also youll need to use rubbing alcohol and clean the crap out of the places you put the velcro on. Its kind of a pain. Something I do is, all the nooks around the corners, use a small amount of silicon to glue the corners down. That helps tremendously with the install and secures-seals it better..Use the silicone sparingly dosent take much. And don't worry if you need to take the screen off it wont hurt it with the silicone. You can still re use it.

Definitely get a outerwear for the pullstart and airfilter. If you have outerwears for those three areas your engine will be protected very well!!

Which rc kit do you have?

Yea youll have to remove the engine. Also youll need to use rubbing alcohol and clean the crap out of the places you put the velcro on. Its kind of a pain. Something I do is, all the nooks around the corners, use a small amount of silicon to glue the corners down. That helps tremendously with the install and secures-seals it better..Use the silicone sparingly dosent take much. And don't worry if you need to take the screen off it wont hurt it with the silicone. You can still re use it.

Definitely get a outerwear for the pullstart and airfilter. If you have outerwears for those three areas your engine will be protected very well!!

Which rc kit do you have?
I have he chimera SR , looking at the engine i see that the throttle linkage looks interesting to take off , is it better to remove the servo horn to remove the linkage?

Whatever is easiest. One thing i do is put the screws back in the places where they go when its tore apart. It helps not getting confused with what screw goes where.

Whatever is easiest. One thing i do is put the screws back in the places where they go when its tore apart. It helps not getting confused with what screw goes where.
Actually just removing the servo arm screw (grub screw not actual servo arm screw) was all needed ..... got it all apart

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks