Where to route super bee wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you mounting the buzzer?

OK, finished installing the super bee and putting my truck back together. I should have took a pic first, oh well. Too lazy to rage the body back off but here's a pic to give an idea of my wire route. Viper, there is a spot on the radio box just above the switch that is notched like its meant to be cut. I did a little trimming there and set the wire just above the switch. As for the buzzer, its definitely not waterproof, so I left it under the wires inside of the radio box. Didn't mount it, left it loose.the wire is pretty short, so instead of routing it under the gas tank I kept it up top where the clips are that hold the tank and radio box in. I did move the filter down about an inch to get it out from behind the engine cover.uploadfromtaptalk1333678344155.jpg

!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple of pictures on how I routed the wiring for a super bee. I ran the lead down the other side and used a couple of zip tips to hold it in place. I also removed and moved the filter farther down the lead. The buzzer I just left in the battery box.

Attachments

• IMG_20120404_203133.jpg
    IMG_20120404_203133.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20120404_203145.jpg
    IMG_20120404_203145.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20120404_203245.jpg
    IMG_20120404_203245.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 44
Here are a couple of pictures on how I routed the wiring for a super bee. I ran the lead down the other side and used a couple of zip tips to hold it in place. I also removed and moved the filter farther down the lead. The buzzer I just left in the battery box.
i did mine just the same but on the opposite side..i also lifted the gas tank and servo box and it fit perfectly going down the side of the chasis.then i dremeled a small hole next to where the front clip holds the battery box together and fit the wires in through there..

i ran my lead on drivers side, but instead of UNDER the tank and box, i just unclipped the mount posts lifted it up nuff and ran wire under those, theres just the perfect amount of space under those mount tabs for tank and box to route the wire.

i drilled a hole just big nuff to snugly run the remote led wire and kb wire in and siliconed the opening all around the wires inside and out. i run the remote led wire back same way as kb wire, barely nuff room, but it fit, ran the led wire up and made a mount tab to mount it, and bolt it to a unused engine bolt hole at rear top of engine.
IMG_1344.jpg

i left the buzzer loose inside the radio box, and i can hear it well nuff.

Just a tip :)

ALWAYS remember to have your baja switched to ON before starting...

once you add the super bee, you will be unable to start the truck (no spark) when the power is off on the truck.

I pulled my hair out trying to figure out why it wouldn't start when I first installed mine! :lol:

Also, as for routing the rather thick cable that comes with the kit, I opted to run my cable directly under the airfilter. I figured less gas to spill on it and nothing it can catch on in any crashes or anything...I can show a picture later if you wish! It also makes it almost invisible except for the end of the gas tank where it comes out and into a notch I made in the battery cover :)

mines protected good too, ran the leads down on drivers side, and run under mount tabs for tank and rear one on box. up near the front tab on box is where i drilled up close to lid, but not into the edge, my holes for wires, siliconed inside and out around wires and holes, and with not cutting the edge, i left the integrety if the seal of lid intact.

My radio box doesn't seem to seal real well, no gasket. I cut the lip so its snug where the wires go in.

!

Last edited by a moderator:
well once you get the box all setup inside, you wont really have to open it for some time, just use a lil silicone sealer, around the edge of box and seal the lid down as usual with screw. the charge ports already setup on it, so really no need to open the box again for sometime once its all set like ya want in there.

cool. for buggies mounting the led in the Rx lid is ideal as you can see it, but with a truck you really cant see it with body on, thats why i ran mine up and made a mount tab and placed it on corner of unused engine hole mount, i can look thru back hatch opening and see it easily

lol bought the blue led with my superbee and 3 days later won a led so got the red one on the way......lol.....im gonna run both the lights on the same baja til I order my next Superbee.......lol

cant recall the individual price for the led, since i was runnin mine away from Rx box back to engine i included the extra length in the kit when i bought mine so it would reach.

Back