Which engine for Baja 5b roller?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a stock engine I recommended the Zen G290 and a GOOD pipe. I do not know where you live but Gizmomotors has them for $239. A good pipe makes a world of difference.

26cc Zen 2 bolt is a very reliable engine and will give excellent all round performance with a decent pipe. Pick 1 up used & re-ring for piece of mind & you will have many tanks of happy bashing!

motors

if i were in need of a new motor, i'd definitely go with a zen. 26cc is adequate, 29 is a little more pop for the buck. difference at ddm is about 25 bucks. so i might go for the 29. 4 bolt is mandatory. there is a reason why the manufacturers went from 2 bolt to 4 bolt. you get an even seal from all 4 corners. just my 2 cents worth.

go for the g290 its got the power and its dependable. but most come with a 819 or 990 carb i don't remeber which, but they don't have chokes, its not personally a problem for me but some people have a hrd time starting them. you can just put your stock carb on

but the two bolts are very good allso.

I agree as I have 4, 2 bolts and have never had a problem so far. Most of them I built before the 4 bolt motors came out. I am collecting parts to build a 4 bolt. I will say if you are going to buy a new motor go for the 4 bolt.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks