which head kit ....race runner evo 3 comp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hongnor

hi just got my mcd race runner , evo3 comp , done 3 tanks or so , absolutly spot on , apart from my 3 day old servo giving up , but i feel it needs more oomph off the mark , and a bit of top end ... which head kit would you suggest , im after a 27 or 27.2cc .... id like a esp modified 27.2 zenoha, but complete engines are now £300 .. i have one in my hpi baja 5t and its the dogs danglies
...cheers shaun

you already know the best option. the differance in the headkit and the full motor isnt ported i believe, where the fully built motor is ported. maybe you can contact Doug. and buy a SPARE CYLINDER thru him for your fully built 27.2, then just buy a 2mm crank and install that wiht a .020 gasket and the SPARE TOPEND you get from Doug.

Doug otherwise onle sells his stuff thru DDM, but he will do topends for current customers of his motors. just tell him you want a "SPARE" topend, then use it on the new rig??? the case wont be matched like it is on a fully built ESP, but it should run almost as strong. i love my 27.2 in my Mean Green, and the TS/ESP 26 im running in nutz. maybe go with the TS ESP 26, unless you race competatively, and cant run the reed case.

you already know the best option. the differance in the headkit and the full motor isnt ported i believe, where the fully built motor is ported. maybe you can contact Doug. and buy a SPARE CYLINDER thru him for your fully built 27.2, then just buy a 2mm crank and install that wiht a .020 gasket and the SPARE TOPEND you get from Doug.

Doug otherwise onle sells his stuff thru DDM, but he will do topends for current customers of his motors. just tell him you want a "SPARE" topend, then use it on the new rig??? the case wont be matched like it is on a fully built ESP, but it should run almost as strong. i love my 27.2 in my Mean Green, and the TS/ESP 26 im running in nutz. maybe go with the TS ESP 26, unless you race competatively, and cant run the reed case.

cheers timmah ..( im also hongnor on the hbf ) but ive since decided , that the baja has wey to much power with the esp 27.2 , and the mcd is underpowered , so im going to swap motors and fit a whzzy head kit to the 26 cy to fit back in my 5t.......
do you think the mcd will have enought power with the esp 27.2 ...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks