Which large scale would you choose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tench0771

hi im new to the forum

im looking at geting a petrol 2 stroke rc 5th scale im torn between
hpi baja 5t
fg marder
hpi baja clone
im after something relible and something quick the fg marder seems a beta price and looks very nice but the old saying buy cheep buy twice keeps springing to mind :unsure:what would chouse , losi is not an option as my local rc shop does not sell any of that brand wich isa shame

If Losi is out of the question.....then I do not think you could go wrong with the HPI.
I just bought a Baja clone (Rovan) and am happy with it....
So ultimately it’s what makes ya happy....all will have their deficiencies regardless of name brand or not.
So go get what suits your fancy, and don’t worry about it, cause you will need to maintain what ever one you select.

I have both the HPI brand name and I have a KingMotors, I can't really see any difference except the price. I took my KingMotors 5b and converted it to what you see in my avatar. The nice thing the KingMotors came RTR with a 30.5cc engine and a tune pipe so I didn't have that expense. From what I have heard about Rovan they are the same quality as the KingMotors with one exception I have heard of people complaining about engine issues poor quality of components (ie) the cylinder primarily other than that no other issues.

(y)(y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks