Which oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstnd378

I already bought a 2 stroke oil that actually isn't supposed to be used in rc engines, so I'm just asking so i don't make the same fault again: which of these oils would be the best? These are the best oils which are available for me:Screenshot_20230430_193629_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230430_193608_Chrome.jpgi've heard someone ran motul 800, but that was in a forum where he had problems🤷🏻‍♂️.

Edit: second fuel-related question: i have no airfilter-oil right now, so would the "liqui moly mtx" be a good option?

Another edit: maybe it's fine to oil the airfilter with 2-stroke oil? I heard some people do it

The search function here would help you find what your asking.
Thanks, I found a positive opinion about the motul 800, so that's probably what i will mix my gas with. When i searched about the airfilter-oil, everyone had random preferences which definetely aren't available in holland. So is there a good airfilter-oil from the pics or can i just oil the filter with motul 800?

motul 800 is great. and for the air filter you can use this motul spray .. I use it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210907_133540.jpg
    IMG_20210907_133540.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 5
Any fd rated air cooled oil, or something for dirtbikes etc will work fine. I'm currently running redmax oil.
Air filter oil needs to be made for foam filters. Something tacky. I'm not a brand snob, ironically I'm currently using an fd branded motul filter oil. It was on sale when I needed more.

Any fd rated air cooled oil, or something for dirtbikes etc will work fine. I'm currently running redmax oil.
Air filter oil needs to be made for foam filters. Something tacky. I'm not a brand snob, ironically I'm currently using an fd branded motul filter oil. It was on sale when I needed more.
Should i go for the "liqui moly mtx" as a airfilter-oil? It doesn't show on the picture, but underneath the liqui moly it says "carbureteur reiniger" which translates to carb cleaner.

Thanks for all the answers👍👍

Edit: wait nvm this question, i found a motul airfilter spray available!Screenshot_20230501_103856_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I personally like running castor bean oil for the extra protection/lubrication at high temperatures and RPMs.
Although I'd recommend you keep it under 50% bean oil, otherwise I've noticed plugs fouling faster.

Kolts super techniplate with PJ1 filter oil.
(It also smells really good)

Last edited:
Thanks guys. So I ended up buying the motul A2 spray, and motul 800 2-stroke oil. I just finished oiling the foam20230510_195507.jpgeverything is assembled now. Just one more question👍 is it bad for the outer filter foam to touch the fuel cable of the car?16837429147693162527044996103520.jpgthis is how the filter looks like now:16837431024746904551855301697115.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks