Which one should I get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a devote Associated guy. Been racing / running their rigs for over 20 years and enjoy building them a bit more than racing. The only RTR I ever bought from them is the MGT. Did the same thing to that. I regret selling it but now I have a bigger fuel beasty in the DBXL.

After I yanked the shocks off and checked the fluid, I found Losi must have started listening to the complaints. The shocks had 5k weight fluid already but needed to be topped off. I topped them off, buttoned them up then set the ride height on the springs. Drop test had no bottom outs and the shocks are smoother. The rear shocks have collars on the outside of the shafts which limit how far the shocks compress. I found it a bit odd but left them in place. The Shockwears protectors went on like gloves and I dyed the outer beadlock rings black on the wheels. Some screws and bolts were in need of taightening and I still need to check the clutch and redo the linkages. Those plastic servo horns have got to go. They feel too cheap to me. I'll hang onto the servos until they die. HS805 MGs look like good replacements for the $$. I ordered a new body cage and I will start mocking up some minimalist body panels soon. Gotta put my personal touch on this beasty, lol.

After I yanked the shocks off and checked the fluid, I found Losi must have started listening to the complaints. The shocks had 5k weight fluid already but needed to be topped off. I topped them off, buttoned them up then set the ride height on the springs. Drop test had no bottom outs and the shocks are smoother. The rear shocks have collars on the outside of the shafts which limit how far the shocks compress. I found it a bit odd but left them in place. The Shockwears protectors went on like gloves and I dyed the outer beadlock rings black on the wheels. Some screws and bolts were in need of taightening and I still need to check the clutch and redo the linkages. Those plastic servo horns have got to go. They feel too cheap to me. I'll hang onto the servos until they die. HS805 MGs look like good replacements for the $$. I ordered a new body cage and I will start mocking up some minimalist body panels soon. Gotta put my personal touch on this beasty, lol.
nice.:)..mine feel much better now aswell..I jus replaced the oil in mine as I didn't know if it was stock or not...I use the arearc ally horns on mine....look sweet and don't cost that much tbh....I jus fitted sum savox 0236mg`s on mine....not run it yet....need to make sum windows first....hopefully tomorrow night....
http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/area-rc-short-servo-arm-fits-savox-0236.html
http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/area-rc-long-servo-arm-fits-savox-0236.html
obv they do the stock 18t ones for the stock servos
I also got 4x of these coming....to go with the savox gold lables....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152019685391?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I threw Proline Trenchers on my DBXL
I know it’s an old post hope u reply. Did the proline trenchers fit the stock wheel and foam? Did you use front all around the car or front in front and rear in rear? I ask because ddm said to use the front trencher in the front and rear on a dbxl but I would five t wheels.

I decided on the DBXL K&N version. Local hobby shop in Naples, Fl. ordered one for me. I should be able to pick it up Friday or Saturday.

Now which wheels and tires would work well?
What is the name of the Hobby Shop in Naples, Fl. that you got your DBXL from? Do they carry 1/5 scale parts in stock or just order for you. Thanks

I know it’s an old post hope u reply. Did the proline trenchers fit the stock wheel and foam? Did you use front all around the car or front in front and rear in rear? I ask because ddm said to use the front trencher in the front and rear on a dbxl but I would five t wheels.
I bought my brothers dbxl. He only ran it 2 and got 5t. I put trenchers on stock wheels and like them

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks