which round do grass tyres go

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrawnFG

I have allways assumed that the V's on grass tyres go to the outside of the wheen to give you the most lateral grip in corners, but I have noticed a few people with them the oposite way around, especialy on the rear of race cars.

can anyone tell me the relative merits of V's in or V's out on the front and rear.

an example top end race car with V's on the inside is on this website:

http://contrast-racing.co.uk/index.php?id=27

every set of them ive ever seen have been mounted with the vees on the outside but i think that where most of the grip roll comes from.
on mine now ive cut the vees off with a pair of side cutters and its sorted the grip rolling out,but i haven't got the same amount of turn in as it did have but its a small price to lower the amount of grip roll

Mine are to the inside. Does that make me a racer :clown::clown:

picture.php

No1 reduce your grip roll by taking come camber off your rear end, not by cutting your v's off or you'll loose grip where you don't want to.

No2 there is no right or wrong way round to mount the tyres it's down to choice and trial & error, the example on the web site are tyres on Lauterbacher rims which were bought as Lauterbacher produce them ready glued.

In looking at them I would only think they would help in turning if they were set on the outside. That way the tire would bite in a turn. Why you would want a Marder style buggy to bite any more in a turn I have no idea? I can't keep it from rolling now.:mad:

Set your camber to look like this .../ \... not like this ...\ /...

3 degrees when pressed down for your camber / \ and 3 degrees toe in is a good starting point for your set up.

For the front (looking from the front) you need the front edge of the wheels 5 to 8mm wider to give you stability

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks