Which Servos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

Been out of it for a few years now but getting the bug back out this year. Before I stopped using it I was looking to replace the old Hitec servos but things have probably moved on a lot since then. What are decent throttle and steering servos these days?

Mine are still using the same Hitec servo's.. but like you I kind of became too busy with other things to use my largescales, so they became stuck hanging on their wall and I missed out on the electrical developments over the years. I remember the Rhino servo's that appeared years ago which everyone raved about. I bought one, and if I'm honest, I couldn't tell the difference when it was on the track - car turned left or right, just as it did before with the Hitec Jumbo. They seem to have disappeared nowadays and now all I seem to see is Savox. Ain't got a clue when they appeared! :confused: I was out the game for some time myself!

Yes I agree with you there......nothing wrong with the old Hitecs for steering so will more than likely stick with them - its the twin servo set up so strong enough. I was probably thinking of changing them for the sake of it and getting back into it wanting something new lol! Going to get a Savox 1256 for throttle and brake though to give them plenty of bite.

Nice to see you have the bug again mate. Hows things on your side?
J
Hi James. Yes good thanks. Not used the bug or marders for 2 maybe 3 years but about time I got them going again! Keeping the bug as it is just going to upgrade the throttle / brake servo. Also buying a Futaba 3PV with a couple of receivers and just ordered some MT wheels and a Maverick Blackout MT shell (it is £60 vs FG shell at £140) to convert 1 of my marders into the FG MT I have always wanted. My original marder is still in mint condition so will be keep that as it is. Definitely getting it back on at long last though lol!

A good few members over the years have done that , get out of it through work commitment or lack of interest but always come back for more punishment;)
Good to see you Andy.
J

I was like that, bought my FG MB (avatar pic) and 2yrs later along came my first child.. it took a back seat then. Only used every so often. Then more children arrived as the years came along, and it reached a point where I had no time for RC at all, and working away at sea didn't help either. Only recently I've been able to begin meddling with largescale again, and loving it! :cool:

Most of my photos are on a hard drive. These are the only 1s I got on my laptop. The crack in the top of the shell was done by my dad driving it into some bushes in the first week of owning it lol! Had it probably 10 years now & still love it. Also a pic of my bug.

Attachments

• FG1.JPG
    FG1.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0284.JPG
    Photo0284.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0283.JPG
    Photo0283.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo0338-1.JPG
    Photo0338-1.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC02197.JPG
    DSC02197.JPG
    504.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC02211.JPG
    DSC02211.JPG
    519.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0416.JPG
    Photo0416.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 3
Building a monster truck to complete the set. Was planning on going with the martini theme to match the bug but that will have to come later. Just buying a Maverick Blackout MT shell for now due to cost

Cover came with it mate. It had hardly been used when I bought it. Has had a few beatings though where I have had to straighten the chassis but still comes back for more lol!

Bit of a long shot this but I'm looking for the FG Beetle undertray, I've tried so many shops, last one was Rossendale Models and they have no more in stock saying that part was discontinued... you know where I could find one?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks