Who makes hubs to run HPI rims on a MCD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clubin

Build Thread Contributor
I would like more tire/rim options for my MCD, is there a mfg. out there that makes a different wheel hub so I can run HPI rims on my MCD? I have seen it done, just wanted to know where to buy the wheel centers.

EH.

RAMTech-RC makes them. There are several people that have them in stock now, more to come. VSModelsport, Python and LargescaleRC have them now.

RAMTech-RC makes them. There are several people that have them in stock now, more to come. VSModelsport, Python and LargescaleRC have them now.
I checked all 3 sites listed - no luck, am I missing somthing?

I even checked your web site, they aren't even listed there, I seen the ones for the FG, I need a set for a MCD.

Yep I'm in the need for those adaptors also.
I always have issues with the wheel block making the square hole round.
MCD wheels arnt cheap.[/QUOTE]

???
Who deliver cheaper wheels than MCD?? Nobody I think.....:)

HPI deliver cheaper wheels.
180 aus for a set of MCD rim and tire.
120 aus for a set of HPI baja rim and tire.

One thing I like about the HPI rim is the metal band around the wheel hub.
MCD don't have the band, which allows the wheel block to turn a square hole into a round hole.
HPI rims are also wider, so I will put rear's upfront also. It looks good with wide tyres and hopefully improves handling.

You have 50% correct.......:)

All new MCD to day comes with metalrings and a x-tra metal adabter inside the hole for the driveshaft....
It is realy strong now...:)

I don't know where you find this prices, but everywhere I look, the HPI and FG wheels and tyres are more expencive....

Complete tyres and wheels for a MCD is normaly 60-90 £...

You have 50% correct.......:)

All new MCD to day comes with metalrings and a x-tra metal adabter inside the hole for the driveshaft....
It is realy strong now...:)

I don't know where you find this prices, but everywhere I look, the HPI and FG wheels and tyres are more expencive....

Complete tyres and wheels for a MCD is normaly 60-90 £...

I don't want to start an argument, but Powerslide and Innovative have the MCD components more expensive, these are the only MCD dealers I can use here in Aus
Anyways,
Its good to hear MCD are now using rings, the bad thing about that is I bought a new set recently and they didnt have them:(.
I will use HPI wheels now because you have all the options of beadlocks, some B&T beadlocks would look sick.

Welcome, and thank you, it is unfortunate there is nothing closer. When I have time I will check out your site, do you ship to Canada?

We would ... but I think, everything is much more cheaper there on your side of the ocean ... and additional the EURO is not really attractive currency for you :(

Back