Who said HPI baja's cant jump big style??!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FG ONICS

17thjulybash2011021.jpg

17thjulybash2011022.jpg

17thjulybash2011024.jpg

raptor shut ya cake hole nothing broke, EXCEPT MY SILCONE MOD ON THE ZAUST & yes thats gaffa tape round the chassis it holds it together :lol: no its too keep water out me RX box

congrats if it were mne it would be totaled LOL. i took mine for short run in the park yesterday evening only to have the brake disk and ninja star fall off tranny side and total the 2 pieces. (i know without pics it didnt happen so here you go):

0716012013a.jpg
0716012013.jpg
0716012012a.jpg
0716012012.jpg

i am looking for AFTERMARKET replacement part now (at least the aftermarket parts arent failing on me :D) its all good though because at least now i am getting some run time out of it before a failure occurs so its all good:D

congrats if it were mne it would be totaled LOL. i took mine for short run in the park yesterday evening only to have the brake disk and ninja star fall off tranny side and total the 2 pieces. (i know without pics it didnt happen so here you go):

i am looking for AFTERMARKET replacement part now (at least the aftermarket parts arent failing on me :D) its all good though because at least now i am getting some run time out of it before a failure occurs so its all good:D
youve put that on wrong for it to do that did you put the black thing on the back of thing they sit on?

& you see baja's are the sexyiest large scales out there for bashing

COOL. Been in races that the jumps where that big or bigger with my 5b SS.

:)

youve put that on wrong for it to do that did you put the black thing on the back of thing they sit on?

& you see baja's are the sexyiest large scales out there for bashing

:)

the black plastic ring doesn't work with the turtle racing rear upper plate ;). i have plans to get a hemistorm max hex but don't have the funds till i sell some more stuff. i have to replace teh steel rotors, brake pads, brake hex. i plan on ditching the ninja star in favor of a carbon brake pad and the stock pads with D's brakes ( i may just even go triple carno fiber pad, hell i don't know LOL) );)

the black plastic ring doesn't work with the turtle racing rear upper plate ;). i have plans to get a hemistorm max hex but don't have the funds till i sell some more stuff. i have to replace teh steel rotors, brake pads, brake hex. i plan on ditching the ninja star in favor of a carbon brake pad and the stock pads with D's brakes ( i may just even go triple carno fiber pad, hell i don't know LOL) );)

black ring does work with turtle racing tr actually puts one in there kit

When I got my TR complete clutch system and my upper rear frame support it came with instructions that said do not use the plastic black ring on the disc hub. I have never run one and I have well over 6 gallons on it. I got all these parts before I ever ran my 5bSS.

Last edited:
I just got a reply from Turtle David and this is what he said.
[The rings that we make are the only rings that can be run. As for using them, better safe than sorry.]
Even thaw I never have had a problem not running the rings he is sending me a set.

i didnt get teh rings and it is to late because the damage has been done so as soon as i get some funds together i will be redoing my brakes using a hemitorm max hex, vp carbon pads (only in center) and either d's braks or stock hpi puter pads.

fg blow me, i can build a baja or any rc just fine. the plastic rings were obviously a later addition to teh tr gear plate in retaliation for this particular issue, to bad i was one that was got :( (i think i have suffered enough with my baja already i think it is someone elses turn to have problems with theirs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:)

Nice bash spot! I think Raptor must run his baja on the railway, weaving in and out between the train cars as it speeds by :D That's the only feasible way he can feck it up the way he does haha. I've put 20 VERY hard hours on my 5t at the track and bashing and the worst thing it's seen is a broken shock shaft. Then again, I keep my Baja away from moving trains :lol:

Nice bash spot! I think Raptor must run his baja on the railway, weaving in and out between the train cars as it speeds by :D That's the only feasible way he can feck it up the way he does haha. I've put 20 VERY hard hours on my 5t at the track and bashing and the worst thing it's seen is a broken shock shaft. Then again, I keep my Baja away from moving trains :lol:

nope i run mine i a local park (or try to anyway :) ). i have had alot of failures with mine in stock trim however as more and more aftermarket parts went on i had less and less failures :D. this failure was because of teh brake hex being to narrow and not getting teh plastic rings with my tr upper plate, which is no biggie at all really. i was upset when it first happend but i ran across hemistorms max hex and i figured that would be better than stock simply for the better quality aluminum alone. i am finally starting to get some running out of her but there are still a few issues (which at least are small ones now LOL).

i am now working on WANTED hop ups and NOT required hop ups at least :lol::lol::lol::lol:

fg blow me,
Filthy BASTARD!!!! this is a public rc forum not a lovers forum!

heres the bash site

http://maps.google.com/?ll=50.830337,-0.097997&spn=0.002894,0.010364&t=h&z=17

:) its immense & the bash's are always unforgotteable :)

----------
no raptor builds & bashes his baja like this, this i can agree the amount of abuse my baja gets is astronomicall as in i sling over muddy banks & flat out over anything & everywhere, only broken a few bits so far :) :)

:lol: raptor im NEVER deleting that vid :cup-1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Filthy BASTARD!!!! this is a public rc forum not a lovers forum!

heres the bash site

http://maps.google.com/?ll=50.830337,-0.097997&spn=0.002894,0.010364&t=h&z=17

:) its immense & the bash's are always unforgotteable :)

----------
no raptor builds & bashes his baja like this, this i can agree the amount of abuse my baja gets is astronomicall as in i sling over muddy banks & flat out over anything & everywhere, only broken a few bits so far :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RIghfP1ils

:lol: raptor im NEVER deleting that vid :cup-1:

i know your vid is in retaliation for me not givig you the irish facial, portugues breakfast and turkish sno-cone you wanted ( or were you asking for a filthy ramirez and a belgian steamer i swear i cant remember) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks