Whoo Hoo, New Firehammer Owner!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Small2Large

Well, I just paid for it. It hasn't even shipped out yet. Its the Buggy version.

This is my first gasser. Getting rid of several nitros and electrics to make room for this.

I guess my first question is where can I get some truck wheels that will fit my new buggy? Also, what spare parts should I stock up on?

Last edited:
Well, I just paid for it. It hasn't even shipped out yet.

This is my first gasser. Getting rid of several nitros and electrics to make room for this.

I guess my first question is where can I get some truck wheels that will fit my new buggy?
Welcome and congrats ont he purchase.

2 places you can check is Innovative and DDM, You are looking for some FG MT tires?

If you got the Firehammer buggy, your gearing will work with the monster tires. The stock buggy gearing is slightly higher then the FG monsters with being 19/48.
I would however tell you to hold off on the big tires until you strengthen the drive train with some upgrades. The same issues our FGMT's have pulling around the big tires is the same issues you will have with them.
The buggy tires are not a bad tire and actually bite the off road terrain much better then other tires.
The problem is the width of the the buggy. The tires bite so well the buggy has an increased roll over problem.

My recommendation is to get the Ramtech adapters and move over to a full set of rear HPI Baja bead lock rims and a good set of Hostiles in the rear. Run the rear Proline tire in the front. With the tires and adapters it will widen the stance and reduce roll over.
In all it will cost the same or less then a complete set of FG's. Replacing or switching to different tires will be available and a better variety is available. The HPI's also are a much better scale then the FG's.

This is being tested here on the forum already.
https://www.largescaleforums.com/showpost.php?p=42950&postcount=126
https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=1616&highlight=adapters

If you got the MT - Forget I even posted. :blush:

Thanks for the replies and advice everyone. I'll look into those adapters.

BTW, I'm in the US if that helps when giving places for me to stop.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
hey bud. congrats on the new purchase. saw you on the "other" forum.. good deal you got $300.00?!? there is alot of great(er) info here. i have found it slightly cheaper to run these large scales by the way, much more fun. have you ever seen a large scale up close? when i got my first large scale i was shocked as i never really saw one before.. its freakin huge!!

Yeah, its used for $300. Has a nice steering servo in place, a HITEC HS 5745 MG steering servo. Stock otherwise.

I've seen a HPI 5B in a LHS and that's when I knew I had to have a gasser.

Quick question for everyone.

Is there a thread or website that details the differences between the Firehammer Buggy and the MT??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
you can try the search key or simply post up another thread. don't have one but their are lots that do and they can tell you what the diffrence if anything is, lke gearing and so on..

Spares:

Shock rebuild kits even though the shocks suck.

Dogbones, the idiots at Tower never have enough to go around during the summer, then they are on backorder for what seems like months.

If you don't replace your pinion with a steel pinion, get a bunch of plastic pinions, get a couple of spurs.

Lower arms front, lower arms rear (they are dirt cheap, can't hurt to have extras).

Engine mount screws (bottom of chassis). I've stripped the heads out several times then had to drill it out.

Wheel nuts.

Threadlock (the blue kind)

Fuel tank

This:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHUB2&P=7 because if you snap your plastic diff, you will blow every gear in there. Then you'll need another gear set (possibly outdrive if they get lost).

transfer gear

brake discs

steering knuckles

bulkhead- rear

Spares:

Shock rebuild kits even though the shocks suck.

Dogbones, the idiots at Tower never have enough to go around during the summer, then they are on backorder for what seems like months.

If you don't replace your pinion with a steel pinion, get a bunch of plastic pinions, get a couple of spurs.

Lower arms front, lower arms rear (they are dirt cheap, can't hurt to have extras).

Engine mount screws (bottom of chassis). I've stripped the heads out several times then had to drill it out.

Wheel nuts.

Threadlock (the blue kind)

Fuel tank

This:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHUB2&P=7 because if you snap your plastic diff, you will blow every gear in there. Then you'll need another gear set (possibly outdrive if they get lost).

transfer gear

brake discs

steering knuckles

bulkhead- rear

Thanks for the list. So are you saying the Aluminum Diff Case is an upgrade I should install ASAP?

Get a stain steel dif cover...a rock can put a hole in the alum cover....
Csp got you pretty well on the extra parts you need...
You should also get e modified picco engine kill switch....
Better radio system....say Futaba 3PM....
Just some thoughts here.....Slawhammer

Get a stain steel dif cover...a rock can put a hole in the alum cover....
Csp got you pretty well on the extra parts you need...
You should also get e modified picco engine kill switch....
Better radio system....say Futaba 3PM....
Just some thoughts here.....Slawhammer

Alright, who has the Stainless Steel Diff Cover and the picco engine kill switch?

I already have a Spektrum DX3, I hope that's good enough.

Alright, who has the Stainless Steel Diff Cover and the picco engine kill switch?

I already have a Spektrum DX3, I hope that's good enough.

killswitch:

www.rckillswitch.com

stainless diff cover:

http://www.pythonmotorsports.com/fg/offroad_parts/fg_truck_parts/hop_up/truck_hopup.html

(scroll down to the ams diff protector)

Regarding your question:
Thanks for the list. So are you saying the Aluminum Diff Case is an upgrade I should install ASAP?

I would say yes. Only because one month after owning mine, mine broke (https://www.largescaleforums.com/showpost.php?p=9346&postcount=12) and I had to replace the diff cover, the gears and the outdrives. So it was a 120$ fix rather than a $54 prevention. That's me though. Some people probably don't ever break them, but I always have the opposite happen! :no:

Last edited:
Thanks, but now I'm a little confused. The AMS diff protector is only $23. Do I get that instead of the aluminum diff case on in addition to?

Also, which Kill switch would be best? I was thinking #3 for my application.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks