Whoo Hoo, New Firehammer Owner!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The AMS diff cover is VERY nice and will save even the stock plastic case.
This is the difference between stock, and AMS.
Even if you stay with the plastic stock siff and use this, you will be good.
And then someday get the alloy diff.
Better yet, go with the 8484 billit diff..
I did with my last Hammer and it was bullit proof.
Just use the Hammer gears inside.
stainlessdiff2.gif
stainlessdiff1.gif

Thanks, but now I'm a little confused. The AMS diff protector is only $23. Do I get that instead of the aluminum diff case on in addition to?

Also, which Kill switch would be best? I was thinking #3 for my application.

You absolutely want an alloy diff case (imo). If you saw the pics of what can happen that I posted, I would get one. The steel diff protector would be great, but I think it would be nothing without the plastic diff cage being alloy. If you have a steel cover on it and a plastic cage, then destroy your plastic diff cage the way mine was, you'll tear up gears and a steel diff sleeve won't do anything to help that. I would rather get the alloy diff cage right off. As for fg part 8484, I have that one, but if you can get the one at tower for 54 bucks rather than 80 bucks for the fg you'll have saved yourself 20+ bucks for something that does the same as the FG part. Remember, you don't "need" the steel diff sleeve unless you think you'll be running in places with lots of rocks. Those can tear the heck out of the aluminum sleeve and fudge your gears.

#3 on the killswitch is great, especially if you don't like to solder!

:with-stupid: I had the plastic cage go on both my FG and FHbuggy. I think it happens when a bearing freezes from moisture entry into the bearing - Keep an eye on that bearing from time to time no matter what! The firehammer rebuild was much cheaper then the FG due to parts cost. I do have the alloy cages on both now.
The 8484 was real popular because the DTX diff cage was also back ordered for a year. The main reason to keep a lot of extra parts is to limit the down time and backorder problems this summer when there is a run on the same parts - And there cheap comparable to the other brands.:)

I went with #3's too. Waiting for the mail to arrive.:D

Cool. Once my buggy gets here I'm going to disassemble it and verify what needs to be replaced, then make one large order at towerhobbies with the aluminum diff case and some spare parts.

Bigger ..your on top of it...
Csp..as a intern..your doing great....
I tnink Bigger the better is the master of the firehammer.....
Any way there is always plenty of help for the firemammer.......
you will have a great time when you get the bugs worked out...
as to the radio sytem it will work fine for you...
I use the same thing......For radio system.....
Great too see another firemammer owner.....................Slawhammer................

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks