Why is this happening?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niz55

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Not sure what is going on. Bought a new set of Pro-Line Blockade 1/5 Truck Tires from hobby store and they keep folding inward after bashing.
This is on a losi 5t 2.0 stock wheels and stock foams.

Size of the tires are 187X76

Screenshot_20220604-162139.png

Last edited:
probably the foams just moving over under side load from cornering then the tyres are sticking to the foams and not allowing foams to settle back niz,
side walls and treads on yer tyres will be quite soft as well i bet allowing tyre and foam movement,
easiest solution is live with it and see if it sorts itself out after a few runs,
or possibbly put a bit of talcum powder inbetween the tyre and foam, but don't run in very wet conditions (as in getting the tyres and foams soaked through) cos it might make an awful mess with talc and water mixed (y):D

Is been 3 tanks and still same problem. What bothers me the most the alignment on the car. It is never correct and can't align it either because of these defective tires.

Might be the tires are some what tsller and order than stock? But it says it fits 5T with the stock foams.

Unfortunately these tires are discontinued. I am going to contact horizon and see what they say. Maybe they can replace them with something else.

Well damn that sucks. Might have to find something that can stand the jumps and bashing.

My buddy runs mad max mini pins and we have a small track we run always turning right but I’ve never seen his do that. They tend to wear one way because of the track but he just rotates them.

Guessing Spents hit the nail on the head and the sidewalls are soft!

@niz55 , heres a bit of an experiment to try with yer tyres mate (y),
start the car up on a stand so wheels are off the ground, open throttle till tyres just start to balloon ,
NOT wide open full balloon, just so they start to deform,
hold for a second or two at those revs then see if the tyres settle back to there original shape,
if they do then it probably is the foams deforming and tyres gripping the foams and sticking in that shape,
and /or the foams just getting pushed inboard under cornering cos of the soft side walls,

I wonder and hear me out on this. If you want to see these tires last for the sake of not wasting them how about paint a few coats of rubber cement on the inside of the tires and let them dry, then reassemble them and do the test again that spents suggested. Only implying if they Ballon pretty bad or if you have a better set of foams you can use then you can just bypass what I suggested :ROFLMAO:

I'm confused, are the tabs for the beadlock slipping out or is the tire deforming? I'm with Spents, looks like maybe you need to tape your tires or foams.
No they are not slipping. The first time this happened 2 of the tires had a ballooning effect not while driving but afterwards. Had to take out the beadlock to release the air. Now all of the tires are folding after running the car.

I already opened up a case with horizon and let's see what they say. Maybe they will send me the newer ones (fugitive tires).

My last set was Duratrax Dinero and they performed absolutely perfect but they are discontinued now.

Yes they had air trapped in them after the first run and they were bloated. As soon as I removed the beatlocks the air escaped and went back to normal shape.

Something is up with these tires..

Try making some venting holes in the tire?
I already tried that and did not work. The vent holes are not needed or necessary on this setup. Horrizon got back to me telling me the tires are defective and it shouldn't be doing that. They were discontinued couple years ago so maybe the hobby store had it for sometimes and something happened to the rubber?? Anyways they are sending me full set of proline fugitive. Thank god for warranty support from Horrizon. They are fantastic to deal with.

which foams do you guys recommend over the stock 5T 2.0 foams for little wider tires and somewhat stiffer?

Specs on the prolines:
Height: (186mm)
Width: (76mm)

Specs on the 2.0 tires
Height: (180mm)
Width: (70mm)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks