Wife said ok!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxxheadroom

So being tax time I am lucky enough to have a few extra bucks to spend, so I ran the idea of picking up a couple KSRC-002 30.5cc buggies by my wife (one for me, one for my step son). Against all odds she agreed! So just as soon as my return arrives I will be picking up a pair of them, one with a single speed (my step son is relatively new to RC, I have been in the RC hobby for 30+ years, I actually designed and patented the first nitrous oxide system for RC's about 12 years ago) I will be getting the 2 speed for myself. I have wanted a 1/5th scale for a LONG time, but the price kept me out of it. With the relatively low cost of the king's I can not only get into them but I get to do it with my step son! Can't wait!!!

Sounds great you will have alot of fun makes sure when you first get the 2 speed to take the gear off and mesh the gears right they come to tight from the factory and will eat the one way bearing very quickly. Welcome to the fourm.

Most don't remove the 2 speed there are quite a few people on this that still runs them when you mesh the gears right there is no problem with the 2 speed I am on the 2nd year with the 2 speed with no problems. For speed and fun without doing engine mods the 2 speed is the way to go.

I love my km baja only thing i suggest is:

Invest in some rpm/Kraken a-arms right away, ive not been impressed with the hpi ones, km ones or rovan ones.

Sounds great you will have alot of fun makes sure when you first get the 2 speed to take the gear off and mesh the gears right they come to tight from the factory and will eat the one way bearing very quickly. Welcome to the fourm.

Well the buggies came in today, I am very happy with them! You weren't kidding though that gear mesh is WAAAAAAAAY to tight!!!

Alright, what is the secret, I have loosened everything that appears engine related and cannot for the life of me find anything to adjust the gear mesh on my two speed. I have been playing with nitro's for 25+ years but this one has me stumped.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks