Will DDM Tourque pipe fit inside Stadium Truck??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougar2465

Thinking of replacing my FG Tune Pipe on my Stadium Truck with DDM Tourque pipe but I am not sure if it will fit inside the Stadium Truck without having to cut too much of the body. Has anyone seen this pipe on ST?

Cheers

You can size mine up this weekend if you want mate, I will be reinstalling the old faithful FG pipe this week. I'm not sure I want to part with the DDM yet tho, but you can take it for a week or two and trial run if you want.

Hey Chris, thank you for offering me to trial it on ... I might do that for few run on Saturday and see how the 2 speed go with this pipe but the main thing is I want to see how much cutting I need to do to my ST body if not too much, I might get one - I'll get my cash ready on in my pocket on Saturday .. just incase :)

Do you prefer the FG pipe (same as mine?) to DDM Torque? I am quite happy with mine too but when I race with other cars with DDM, I can't hear my second speed engage :clown: I think the gear shifting sound with DDM would be nice ...

Yeah your truck would sound sweet with that shift nice and loud, my Fg pipe is the 2 piece - I think its like yours. I'll think about how much I want it during the week... My truck absolutely nails with it on, its a great solid pipe but its given me heaps of grief, I've lost countless bolts since fitting it and blown a head gasket, its not a good pipe if you like to take your truck offroad its not forgiving - too heavy and stressful the way its mounted. I have an elcon drivetrain to go in at some stage and this may help to make the whole setup more rigid, plus my aim is to bling it up and the dom certainly does that nicely. I think Aram is making up some titanium plates to strengthen the mounting points and spread the load out across all 3 mounts on the front of the clutchbell housing instead of mounting on just one point coz he has had the same trouble.

Do Jerry (Leopard with monster tyres) and Dave use the same pipes? do they have problem with them?
I read that some cars have problem with the mounting alignment of these pipes. Did you have problem with yours?
I will test it on Saturday (if youi're there) and see if it fits my ST body. Btw, I just cut the ST body to fit monster tyres so I can swap tyres using the same body.
Can't wait for Saturday! :helpsmilie:

Yeah I think jerry's may be a top end pipe, aram and dave have torquers - I know aram was having issues like me and got some brackets made up in titanium for it

Yeah I think jerry's may be a top end pipe, aram and dave have torquers - I know aram was having issues like me and got some brackets made up in titanium for it

Jerry is running the torquer and Aram has the top end.
Monaro... if your pipe is giving you greif maybe the flange is not flat???
If this is the case then a decent file should take care of that!

Cougar, as far as I am aware, every torque pipe needs the mounting hole opened up as none of them fit straight out the box.

Monaro... if your pipe is giving you greif maybe the flange is not flat???
If this is the case then a decent file should take care of that!

Yeah it seems flat, it sat snugly into the round shape of the gear cover and seemed really flush and true - it needed to be opened up also on the inside.

I'll be running the 2 piece FG for a while before i lose it altogether... thats a whole different story tho that involves a mate, his crap radio gear, his FG truck, MY exhaust and a moving station wagon.... WFO throttle is in there somewhere along with flat battery and a folded chassis too! :no:

Once I fit the my ally parts i'll fit the dom again but for now I want to get some use out of it again!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks