Will the TR/OBR sealed billet clutch housing fit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it will fit but im sure the engine mounts are different so you may need the later large and small engine mounts,,but if your afteer more power the 290 zen is a great choice im running a oddified tuned 290 zenoah and its more than enough power may even be to much if you can have to much

the other downside to the older g2d engines is parts are getting hard to get so a few quid updating the mounts maybe well worth it

it will fit but im sure the engine mounts are different so you may need the later large and small engine mounts,,but if your afteer more power the 290 zen is a great choice im running a oddified tuned 290 zenoah and its more than enough power may even be to much if you can have to much

the other downside to the older g2d engines is parts are getting hard to get so a few quid updating the mounts maybe well worth it

This thing is a money pit lol.

Do these look like the right things?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALLOY-ENG...racter_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item27c6846255

Last edited:
there all money pits mate once you get hooked its like a wife and kids it will bleed you dry lol

check ebay as theres allways secondhand bits for sale

for new parts this place is about the best for us uk guys great service and quick

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/pro...2wd-cy-zenoah-g230-240-260-270-y1149-set.html

don't rush in a get them just yet i may be wrong about the mounts but im sure there different wait for other peoples input this is a great site you have come to the right place for info and help

best thing is get your engine out take some pics of the mounts and then we can advice on whats needed if anything like i say its only a hunch they wont fit the later engines been a long time since ive seen a g2d fitted in a fg

ive looked everywhere online and cant find any pics or info on the older marders with g2d's fitted im sure that some of the other members may know the answer so hold tight and wait

The worst of it is the engine isnt tired its just not fast enough :) i think this marder must have been sitting in someones loft for at least 15 years

The housing should be fine the numb may need grinding but easier than stripping to remove bearing to replace with oil seal

Last edited by a moderator:
looking at the pics and speaking to mr fg mike1970 it needs the small engine mount and clutch housing to fit a later spec cy/zenoah engine

as trebor has said in the above post a stock zenoah is enough for most people me id get a standard 290 zenoah that will wake things up

plus id clean the old g2d up and out it on ebay to recover some of the new engines cost,,,my mate wagon sold his old g2d a few months back on ebay and got @£40 quid so it maybe worth thinking about don't just skip it one mans crap is another mans gold lol

but you cant polish a terd although trebor polishes everything

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks