Winter Baja driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SELWA

Just wondering how well the baja holds up and drives in the winter months where you actually have snow and cold temperatures. I may have to sell mine but rather keep it so I have something to drive besides the Elcon Cleon. (snow,dirt and salt not very good on aluminum)

I PLAN TO RUN MINE THIS WINTER ,, i got some sand tires and changed alt of plastic to Alum sould hold up well buut i will not run it salt only on a lake with a big wide packed snomoble trail

I fly Helis and Planes in winter too and they work fine even with some plastic on them ,,, I fell i i can run if i with no gloves on it warm enogh to run them

just remember plastic dose brake EZer in the Cold

snow

ive ran mine in two winters works good on packed snow with stock tires . but need paddles for deep powder snow just make sure you run it a little rich in colder temps .and use some side and front windows so snow don't get build up around carb and throttle linkages it doesn't hurt to spray wd-40 or silicone lubricant all over baja but watch out for the brakes and clutch area when im done i spray snow off with compressor and spray wd-40 again all over baja ive kept mine in my garage thats insulated but not heated and its been fine i made a little track in my backyard with snowblower.built up burms and jumps and watered them down to freeze .since my dog is spoiled i snow blow around my whole backyard along the fence and put the snow in the middle of yard thats why i got the idea to build a little track .good thing my back yard is small but its fun on them boring weekends and keeps the bajas going all year round. it also helps to have a heat gun or blow dryer to blow and melt snow off when your done .

spray wd-40 or silicone lubricant ???? silicone spray sounds safe ,,, but wd-40 is patrotiom baced ... after time it will weaken the plasstic parts . already bad to get gas on the plastic but do not add more :oops:

if its on alum parts it would work fine .. i do not even own a can of wd-40 its a bad imatation for oil all it dose is build up and turns to a gum .... i like T-Flow sprays and oils better Syn oil that dose not degrade plastic parts

why do you spray it at all ? blowing it off with air after ... i have air compresser in my garage too

i can see the brakes now working as good bec your getting snow and water on it but really open area running i never use the brakes just full out :gunsmilie:

spray wd-40 or silicone lubricant ???? silicone spray sounds safe ,,, but wd-40 is patrotiom baced ... after time it will weaken the plasstic parts . already bad to get gas on the plastic but do not add more :oops:

if its on alum parts it would work fine .. i do not even own a can of wd-40 its a bad imatation for oil all it dose is build up and turns to a gum .... i like T-Flow sprays and oils better Syn oil that dose not degrade plastic parts

why do you spray it at all ? blowing it off with air after ... i have air compresser in my garage too

i can see the brakes now working as good bec your getting snow and water on it but really open area running i never use the brakes just full out :gunsmilie:

yea you don't have to use wd-40 just anything that repels moisture i use like armor all; or spray foam tire protectant to on plastic on baja. ive never seen wd 40 hurt the plastic on the baja i have 2 rtr.and there still good. i see what your saying about wd-40 gumming up .if you leave it on something for a while but i clean this stuff off my baja after i run it with a light deagreaser.

ran mine in a 1nch of power snow last weekend ,,,, they are right you need windows on roll cage to keep out the snow ordering clear lexon and cutting my own ... i had no problems with the links with the snow ... i did richen the carb a bit the paddle tire work great ,,, looking forward to the lakes to ice over now

Temps in the high 20s

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks