Won't run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamState

I haven't ever had to adjust my needles much on by 5b, just tweaking so I'm still kinda new to this I guess. My FG was running just wasn't right. Adjust a few things and made it to rich and flooded. Put the low speed back where it was and after cleaning out engine and changing plugs I can't get it to start.

I reset needles to H 1 1/2 L 1 1/4. It pops with first pull when choked, un-choke and it fires 2nd pull, revs high and dies. Does this a couple times then floods. I've leaned both needles a lot and it is still flooding trying to start it, but when it cranks it acts lean and revs high and dies. I've had the low speed down to like 3/4 out and it still floods. I have turned it out more than 1 1/2 but it floods without even firing off then. Any suggestions.

I haven't ever had to adjust my needles much on by 5b, just tweaking so I'm still kinda new to this I guess. My FG was running just wasn't right. Adjust a few things and made it to rich and flooded. Put the low speed back where it was and after cleaning out engine and changing plugs I can't get it to start.

I reset needles to H 1 1/2 L 1 1/4. It pops with first pull when choked, un-choke and it fires 2nd pull, revs high and dies. Does this a couple times then floods. I've leaned both needles a lot and it is still flooding trying to start it, but when it cranks it acts lean and revs high and dies. I've had the low speed down to like 3/4 out and it still floods. I have turned it out more than 1 1/2 but it floods without even firing off then. Any suggestions.

Could be an air leak ?
Make sure everything is tight, gaskets all good etc. ?

Don't know about an air leak since it was just working before i messed with the needles to much. I did just change the coil because the wire was messed up on the old one. I set it as close as possible without touching, seems to have good spark. Like i said it fires, instantly revs high the shuts off. But pull the cord to many times without if firing and it floods.

if starts, revs up then dies sounds like an air leak prob in the fuel line.

chances are it starts, revs then dies after the fuel in the line from priming has been burnt off & theres no other fuel getting to the carb, check fuel line is ok, check for any signs of unburnt fuel around the chassis, also check the black fuel tube too not just the clear one.

once the engine starts visually look at the priming bulb, if the fuel emptys out of fuel then engine dies then you will know :)

Already checked the bulb, it stays full. Also checked for leaks, zero. I'll mess around with it a little again tomorrow. It obviously gets fuel since it is flooding.

if it revs up either the needles are very wrong or its sucking air from somewhere, before it stalls does the rev's drop really low and then stalls or does it stall with revs high?

Sperera It stalls with the revs high.

Bigger the Better Reset to 1 1/2 on both. Started, touched the throttle to keep it idling and it stalled. Leaned low speed a little, started, revved high then shut off. Tried to re-start and it was flooded again.

Sperera It stalls with the revs high.

Bigger the Better Reset to 1 1/2 on both. Started, touched the throttle to keep it idling and it stalled. Leaned low speed a little, started, revved high then shut off. Tried to re-start and it was flooded again.

Check air lines fit snug, check also the grommet into the tank for air leak, check gas tank cap is good.
The fact it revvs high before stalling does make me think its an air leak.
Head on tight ? carb on tight ? all gaskets in place and good ?
fuel lines good or old ? on right way round ( i think someone said that)

get a vid on here if you can.

May sound stupid but you are shutting the choke off after the initial pop right?

after cleaning out engine and changing plugs

How did you clean out the engine?

When you adjust the carb settings the L and H are listed on the body right? Just want to make sure you are adjusting the right ones.;)

When you adjust them make sure you are adjusting in 1/16th's From | to / is as far as you go. Make sure you tighten the screws all the way in until they just hit bottom. DO NOT TIGHTEN ANY FARTHER, you will damage the carb body or set screw. From at bottom watch your screw thread and turn out to 1 1/2 complete rotations. You may be doing this but, if un said we will always wonder.;)
To adjust your idle screw: Back it out until it is not touching the throttle arm anymore. From there you turn it in until it just moves it. From there you can adjust the throttle to your preference. Sometimes if its set too high you will mistakingly set your L screw too rich.

If you can get a video uploaded it will help tremendously.

Thanks for the help I checked all that already. Turned out even though it was flooding I had to richen the low speed. Don't know why but it works now. Doesn't matter anyways, I won my case on ebay so the truck is going back for a full refund.

For those who don't know, it is not because of this problem that it is being returned.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the help I checked all that already. Turned out even though it was flooding I had to richen the low speed. Don't know why but it works now. Doesn't matter anyways, I won my case on ebay so the truck is going back for a full refund.

For those who don't know, it is not because of this problem that it is being returned.

Thanks again.

Well done Dreamstate. Glad you won the case :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks