Wont start after Super Bee Kill Switch installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flimflamman

I cannot get it to fire up after installing the kill switch. I am probably doing something boneheaded but I thought I'd post after looking it over and over again.

I made sure the switch connections are plugged in right. By right I mean the connectors are installed on the coil posts correctly (I understand polarity doesn't matter).

Both dip switches on the Super Bee are in the up positions. I have it connected to channel three and it is going through the motions as described in the instructions and online video (I.e. it beeps when it should when turned on, killed, and re-activated).

It is on a Rovan 5T. Any suggestions?

Transmitter is a FS GT3B

Try disconnecting the SuperBee and trying to start it - this will eliminate the possibility it is not related to the SB installation.
Re-check your connections.
Refer to any user manual for the FlySky - perhaps there's something you've missed?
I had part mix on mine for some reason and when I turned left it cut the ignition!! Now sorted thanks to Kent's help.
Al.

What is frustrating is that it should start without any of the electronics. I'm starting to wonder if the spark plug wire is bad. When I get a chance I will see if I can check its continuity (I tried another spark plug too).

Thanks for your help everyone!

I'm having the same problem, checked all the wires 100 times,still would'nt start, took off the super bee and motor starts on 2nd pull, whats up?:( the radio is a mx3x airtronics on a FG comp.

Last edited:
Have you push the 3rd channel button to activate it ? the led light should come on then try starting it

Have you push the 3rd channel button to activate it ? the led light should come on then try starting it

Yeah when I turn the transmitter and then the receiver on the Super Bee initializes. Then if I activate the 3rd channel on the transmitter it beeps signaling the kill. Then I activate the 3rd channel again and it signals it is ready to run again. I tried reversing the channel setting too.

If it starting without the superbee installed then we know its got nothing to do with spark or spark plugs ect because its starting ! I would contact Kent from Killer rc and he will probably give you a simple fix

Troy

Last edited:
If it starting without the superbee installed then we know its got nothing to do with spark or spark plugs ect because its starting ! I would contact Keith from Killer rc and he will probably give you a simple fix

Troy

I wish I knew this Keith guy. :lol:

Thanks,
Kent

I cannot get it to fire up after installing the kill switch. I am probably doing something boneheaded but I thought I'd post after looking it over and over again.

I made sure the switch connections are plugged in right. By right I mean the connectors are installed on the coil posts correctly (I understand polarity doesn't matter).

Both dip switches on the Super Bee are in the up positions. I have it connected to channel three and it is going through the motions as described in the instructions and online video (I.e. it beeps when it should when turned on, killed, and re-activated).

It is on a Rovan 5T. Any suggestions?

Transmitter is a FS GT3B

So with a solid green light on the Super Bee you still can't start the engine?
Does the engine start when you disconnect the Super Bee from the ignition cable via the JST quick disconnect plug?
If you don't get spark, even with the Super Bee disconnected from the ignition cable, then your problem is probably that your ignition coil gap is not correct. Use a business card to set the gap between the flywheel and the coil.

For fastest response it's best to email me. [email protected]

All Super Bee kits should include a business card with my contact info on the card.

Last edited:
So with a solid green light on the Super Bee you still can't start the engine?
Does the engine start when you disconnect the Super Bee from the ignition cable via the JST quick disconnect plug?
If you don't get spark, even with the Super Bee disconnected from the ignition cable, then your problem is probably that your ignition coil gap is not correct. Use a business card to set the gap between the flywheel and the coil.

For fastest response it's best to email me. [email protected]

All Super Bee kits should include a business card with my contact info on the card.

Correct. A solid green light and the engine still wont fire.

No it would not start when disconnecting the JST plug.

Honestly... I did not do the step of setting the gap on the flywheel with a business card. Doh! I imagine that will resolve my problem. Otherwise, I will email you.

I'll will post my result latter this evening so other folks avoid making the same mistake.

Thanks!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks