Won't start, tried everything

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenkolen

I put my Redcat TT (1/5 scale gas) away since last year with no fuel. I broke it out for the holidays and filled it with fuel that I had around the house. It ran but bogged down. I decided to empty the fuel and try some fresh fuel before playing with the settings.
After a few days I filled the car with fresh fuel (93 octane with 25:1) and it wouldn't start.
I tried the obvious, first I reset the carb to the initial settings, L 1 3/8 and H 1 1/4. Wouldn't start.
So I checked the plug, I am getting spark and just in case I changed the plug. Won't start.
Next I removed the carb, I took it apart and soaked it overnight in carb cleaner.
Still won't start.
I only have about 5 - 10 hours on this car since new.
What the heck am I missing here?

Did you try a few drops of petrol directly into the manifold opening while the carb was off.That would rule out a faultly carb if it try to fire up,I know sometimes the carb diaphram dries out and can split if not in use for a long time.

Did you try a few drops of petrol directly into the manifold opening while the carb was off.That would rule out a faultly carb if it try to fire up,I know sometimes the carb diaphram dries out and can split if not in use for a long time.

I did try some starting fluid spray, did absolutely nothing.

Should I try the liquid?

id check the gap between the coil and flywheel. ive found if its too loose you will have spark when you hold the plug outside the engine, however in the cylinder it wont actually fire.

1 1/2 on the high 1 1/4 on the low and make sure the carb is slightly open
also check the plug and replace if need be

1 1/2 on the high 1 1/4 on the low and make sure the carb is slightly open
also check the plug and replace if need be

Credit to Willclark on RC Universe. His post worked:

She may still have too much raw fuel in the bottom end from running bogged. Close both needles all the way. Remove the plug. Tilt the car up to make sure it don't run back into the cylinder if there is any. Pull the starter 10-15 times. Put the plug back in, preferably a new one. Set both needles on 1 1/4. Try to start it like normal. If it pops off with the choke on like normal but won't quite fire up with it off barely richen the low 1/8 turn till it cranks. I seem to have more trouble out of one with a sightly rich low needle than lean.

I clean out all of my smal engine carbs with a "e" string from a acoustic guitar, old gas gets gumming and will clog the holes in your carb. if it runs only by apply fuel directing into the intake and then it dies , them most likely you have a clog ,somewhere,hope this post help you

First thing to check is too see if you have an air leak. Boogging is the first sign. Usually that means you not getting enough fuel. Reset the car back to factory settings. High 1-3/4+-1/4 Low 1-1/2+- 1/4. If the problem is still there check the primer bulb for a leak. The primer bulb should be 3/4 full. less means something is wrong. If that's ok then you need to rebuild the carb. The oil mix ratio is fouling the plug out. Change it to 50:1 oil mix and use high quality oil. That should solve all the problems. No fuel no spark no fire. A engine won't run.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks