Won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Sparks, welcome to the forum! Whereabouts are you? Update your location and perhaps you may find someone local to you who can help in person. So you've already gone through the basics of starting?
Controller is ON?
Car electrics are switched ON? (you are able to move the servo's back n fore from your controller and nothing seems snagged etc?)
Once you've filled your tank with petrol and 2-stroke oil (perhaps 25:1 mix) you prime the carb by pumping the little bulb on top of it, it'll end up almost full with just a small bubble of air floating at the top.
Choke ON (I presume it has a red or black choke lever on the side of the carb) if so, angle it so it's pointing downwards
Give it a few pulls and you should hear the engine fire then cut
Choke OFF (move the little lever back to horizontal again)
Another pull or two and it should fire up and stay running.

That's if nothing is wrong with the car.... however, if there's a problem which you don't know about then we'd need to do a few more things so we can help suss out what's happened. Does the black ignition lead feel fully pressed down on top of the spark plug?

One easy thing to try is to see if there's spark:

Pull off the black ignition lead from off the top of the spark plug

Unscrew the plug removing it from cylinder head

Pop it back into the black ignition lead (you'll feel a tiny click when it's home)

Rest it on top of the cylinder block so the spark plug is touching the ali cylinder head of the engine

Pull the start a few times and you should see a tiny spark from the plug

I would like to switch to tygon clear fuel lines to ensure you see the flow of fuel, with the black stock hoses these come with you cant see the fuel......still trting to figure out how to unscrew the black cap on the fuel tank where the fuel lines run through to change them out and possibky get a bigger fuel filter

I would like to switch to tygon clear fuel lines to ensure you see the flow of fuel, with the black stock hoses these come with you cant see the fuel......still trting to figure out how to unscrew the black cap on the fuel tank where the fuel lines run through to change them out and possibky get a bigger fuel filter
The black cap is a rubber gromet. You can slowly remove it with a flat head screw driver. They don't screw out. Here is the clear fuel line in different colors http://www.davesmotors.com/clear-fuel-line-by-the-foot-.html i also suggest you get this http://www.davesmotors.com/Brass-Fi...tible-with-Snappy-RC-Kit-5B004X-Fittings.html since the fuel lines are thicker than stock. Hope this helps.

The one for the return line does... or you could just insert the return line threw the grommet about a half inch on the tank side and call it good.. but took a dremmel to one of my brass fittings for a cleaner install

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks