Wont turn over, help if any.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lrgscalr

Engine wont start, help if any.

I have tryed the things i have read on lsf and no luck with my baja, im getting frustrated and don't know what to do, any help/ideas?

Last edited:
i have run it prolly 6-8 times and never very hard or open throttle, its the 23cc all stock. when it was running it runs awsome the now nothing. its getting spark fuel and air.

Ok would need more info then this to help if you are getting all of the 3 you named it should crank have you changed the plug? Is the plug wet? Have you checked the gap on the coil? Just to name a few. Would help if you was more specific on what you have done.

Old plug was wet, got a new ngk plug and still wont fire. I have tryed starting fluid, tightened all the bolts and no air leaks.

Put the carb back to factory settings and go from there. Make sure the choke is off and check the engine kill button isnt stuck half in. If you have a killerbee fitted it might be worth disconnecting it until you get it started. It could be the carb that is faulty, the km carbs are known to fail so you may have to change to a walbro.

Can you prime it OK - pumping the bulb, does fuel come in?
Without igniting, when pulling the pullstart, can you smell fuel in the exhaust?
Are you sure the tubes are on the right way around?
(You say it does start for a while?)

Have you tried another spark plug - might be oiled up?
Al.

it primes and coil gap is good. so done with this damn baja, but love it. Idk what to do. Im almoast ready just to buy another one but don't have the money for one.

so your saying its seized? thas what not turning over means... if you mean it wont start, that is different from not turning over.

does it have good compression when you pull it over?,

after you rule out air, spark, and fuel you only have compression left, ive had Chinese scooters/bikes that have lost compression in a alarmingly short time, i usualy just buy the original head from whatever engine it was cloned from and swap em, i did that on my scooter, go-ped, hyosung dirt bike

Might be best to post some pics up so we can see if there is anything obvious but you say you are getting a spark and fuel is there because it the plug is wet.
Check:
1. Air filter is clean and foam is not over oiled. Best to take it off to check properly and make sure there are no obstructions.
2. Whilst filter is off, check operation of choke flap inside the carb. The inside of the plastic lever can round off so when you move the lever to turn the choke off, the flap actually remains closed. Common problem.
3. Return carb back to factory settings with L needle 1-1/4 turns out from closed and H needle 1-1/2 turns out from closed

Try starting with choke off if the weather is warm. If it doesn't start after 3 pulls put the choke on and pull until it 'tries to start' (usually only 2-3 pulls max) then open the choke again and it should fire up within the next 2 pulls.

It has compression and the air filter and gasket ar all good, carb is also good. it tryed to start yester day after i primed it like 4-5 times, maybe prime it more?

Disconnect any killswitch you may have fitted and depress the engine kill button a few times to make sure its not stuck half in. I had that on my first FG after a few runs and it was totally frustrating and only found it by accident after days of trying to resolve it! It might be letting a weak current through so you see a spark but not strong enough to ignite the fuel inside the engine.

are you getting a powerful spark, you wouldn't believe how many times i've worked on sombodys dirt bike and they say it has spark, I kick it over and find that its super weak, or fires intermidently

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks