Workbench - need one for my garage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
I recently moved from a 1br apartment to a 3br house with a GARAGE! So now I have the space to actually work on my R/C's but I need a workbench.

While a awesome looking carbon fiber counter-top like allanach's would be awesome, I'm not sure it's doable. Where is the best place to get a nice sized workbench?

-Michael

Try Sears. There are a lot of nice Craftsmen workbenches to choose from.

You can also go the Gorilla Rack route at OSH.

What might be the budget? You might be able to go to a Home Depot type store and buy a top and fit a couple of cabinets on the sides to get yourself an inexpensive setup?

lowes and hd often have counter bases on clearnace. old modles, nicked scratched items you can get on the cheap. throw afew together and get a top and now you got all sorts of bench and storage drawer area for just a bit of cash.

Well I've started getting all the pieces for my new bench. Hopefully if I have time tonight I can start cutting the pieces for my back wall!

-Michael

did i read c/f bench top?!!! wow!!!

Here is the bench top I was referring to...

alldonedistance.jpg

Pretty sweet looking if you ask me.

I have a bad feeling I'm going to spend to much money this year on the FG MT now that I have a place to actually work on the truck...

-Michael

I recently moved from a 1br apartment to a 3br house with a GARAGE! So now I have the space to actually work on my R/C's but I need a workbench.

While a awesome looking carbon fiber counter-top like allanach's would be awesome, I'm not sure it's doable. Where is the best place to get a nice sized workbench?

How about using a coffee table in the living room, right in front of the TV:)
It will make it easier for your wife to bring you cooked food from the kitchen. Install some dead bolt doors into the living room area to keep out unwanted distractions (kids, wife, dog, Johovas Witnesses, etc) Also why not rip out the carpet in the living room to make room for a Mini Z or Micro DT track on the concrete to help relax in between wrenching. Assorted neon signs, posters of bikini clad women, and a micro wet bar help round out the decor.
Just a thought :phone:

Hey Wood... thanks for your kind words.

I had to show my wife this thread as it's her bench top lol.

From time to time she gives me permission to use it for working on the cars... (usually she is not home when permission is granted)lmao

well im finally back after some time off, bought a house and i have a huge garage with a workshop area.Now i have some time. What are some suggestions or set up ideas. yes i have the little fridge with stella ice cold allready.Thinking of lighting and plug outlets locations and mounted tools., like a stand that locks if the stand had a heavy magnet would that be bad rx elextronics?) Woody what did you ever get togeather for a work shop?

how about using a coffee table in the living room, right in front of the tv:)
it will make it easier for your wife to bring you cooked food from the kitchen. Install some dead bolt doors into the living room area to keep out unwanted distractions (kids, wife, dog, johovas witnesses, etc) also why not rip out the carpet in the living room to make room for a mini z or micro dt track on the concrete to help relax in between wrenching. Assorted neon signs, posters of bikini clad women, and a micro wet bar help round out the decor.
Just a thought :phone:

lmfao!!!!!!!

heres where mine lives cant bear leaving it in the garage don't think wifeys to happy though as it lives under the tv on a checker plate alloy shelf

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks