would you sell marder to get baja 5sc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KauseKaos

Ok I've had my Marder for some time now but I haven't really bashed it cause I'm worried about breaks. FG parts aren't that easy to come by at local shops. Always have to order and wait. I hate waiting. I've always been interested in the baja just never pulled the trigger. Then the 5t came out but I wasn't really feeling the body. Now with the 5sc its a different story. It reminds me of my SC8 which I sold and got my 5th. So should I sell my Marder? BTW I can't have two right now not in the budget otherwise I would just get it and call it a day.

Ok here's my view for what it's worth.....

I have had the 5Bss and while it was a good car it was also a pain in the ass for shock issues and 3 blown head gasket in 18 months, great fun car and good as an intro to Large Scale......

Never owned a Marder but recently a guy has joined ur club with 4 FG's and he runs his Marder pretty hard, yes they are an old desgn, yes they are mechanically simple and hae plenty of space, but this thing takes some abuse and the only issue he has had is somethig breaking on the wheel hub. I like it so much I am considering getting one......and I currently have a race ready 7hp MCD RR V4.

In all seriousness I really don't like either the 5T or the 5SC

I have a marder and it can take a beating so I would so go for it and bash it hard :w00t: The plastics are excellent quality and the only thing I have broke is a front upright at the screw hole where the steering arm fixes on. In fact the plastics seem that good and are cheap to replace when they do give up that I don't see the point in going for the bling unless you want the shiny look! Plastic = light weight = speed!!!! As J says they are simple design but can be easily changed to a beetle, MB or MT without to much hassle or cost. Regarding spares, do DDM not stock them or FGsupply.com for quick delivery??

I like the 5T but not sure on the 5SC yet. Im sure it will be a good piece of kit tho and if spares are more readily available for you then that might be the best way to go.

I have found that with a few choice upgrades the marder is prety tough. in some nasty cartwheels the exhaust sheared off at the header, but no plastic parts broke!

I have replaced the rear upper arms with alloy ones to reduce the flexing (which can cause the arms to hit the main gears and kill them), and also replaced the radio tray with an alloy one. everything else is stock and still going strong.

Im just really done with the beetle body and I hate the Marder body. I was gonna try to convert it to a stadium but could never source out all the parts.

Im just really done with the beetle body and I hate the Marder body. I was gonna try to convert it to a stadium but could never source out all the parts.

Give DDM a bell for the stadium parts & see if they can do you a deal. Might be worth a try but it sounds like you have made your mind up for a change!

Give DDM a bell for the stadium parts & see if they can do you a deal. Might be worth a try but it sounds like you have made your mind up for a change!

hi mate im the lad with 3 fgs and a hpi baja.
my fg marder gets a battering mate and the only issue ive got is the front wheel hubs. its got that much get up and go its pulling wheelies and that causing the screws to rip out the hubs.
ie got a monster truck as well and ther just bonkers cause of the big wheels.

but the hpi seem to handle better but they break more often. and standard the plastics are so soft it wouldnt take long before your having to replace them with stronger ones.
but to be honest all the cars have ther own faults. but fg's are cheaper for parts as ther is always someone breaking one on ebay .
unlike hpi you have to buy new nearly all the time.:lol::lol:

The FG's are more of a race car than a basher.They are allot more precise in handling than a HPI Baja but you have to be on your toes to stop them flipping.Baja's are great to rag around a field but not really a race car in my opinion.
J
J

The FG's are more of a race car than a basher.They are allot more precise in handling than a HPI Baja but you have to be on your toes to stop them flipping.........
J
J

So thats where Im going wrong......I should stand on my toes when entering a corner - genius mate :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't trade my FG for an HPI, Period!

If you don't like the looks of your Marder maybe you could do something in the Rally world, I have seen some really cool looking Subaru bodies, or as Pipe mentioned, make the Marder 4wd and add a MCD sc style body. Maybe onroad?

I was thinking about the Porsche or Ferrari body with some spikes for a cool and different rally look... But I'm weird though...

I wouldn't trade my FG for an HPI, Period!

If you don't like the looks of your Marder maybe you could do something in the Rally world, I have seen some really cool looking Subaru bodies, or as Pipe mentioned, make the Marder 4wd and add a MCD sc style body. Maybe onroad?

I was thinking about the Porsche or Ferrari body with some spikes for a cool and different rally look... But I'm weird though...

My only beef is all the good stuff for FG's is overseas. I hate waiting for things. I have to give it more thought. I really like that body that pipe showed but I don't know if I wanna spend that but if I did then I could get the stadium body as well. I wouldn't mind doing a rally setup at all. Ummmmm. Got some thinking to do. Cause I did want those mammoth tires from them as well.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks