X-Can and High Response Clutch Spring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csp1971

After finishing my Beetle Body for the FHMT, I decided I wasn't ready to chop the hell out of it. I went ahead and installed my X-Can from my Baja 5b and ran some tube and a couple angles so the exhaust would deflect to each side of the Beetle's body.

Loud, and it ran great, a bit on the slow side compared to the DDM pipe, but not too bad. Had the 8000 rpm springs still sitting brand new in the package and decided to put one on the clutch. Haven't ever looked at the clutch on the FHMT and have owned it for over a year now. Well, pulled it off and it looks as if the shoes have barely been worn. Put on the spring, put it all back together and gave it a try. Huge difference, quite impressive. I'm going to run the X-Can for awhile on it, I really love the sound and the low-end I have with new clutch spring and the 17t pinion that I have on it. :)

I had 8000rpm spring and i hate it so much. Most of Baja users change it back to stock srping. i think it's the best.

there are number of STOCK parts that you should keep in your BAJA :
_Clutch
_Air filter
_Front shock Tower
_Radio system (FM), it's better than stupid Spectrum 3.0X 2.4GZ cost me $300 and it works like mother*****.
_Differential

don't waste money guys . I DID. Stupid me.

I had 8000rpm spring and i hate it so much. Most of Baja users change it back to stock srping. i think it's the best.

there are number of STOCK parts that you should keep in your BAJA :
_Clutch
_Air filter
_Front shock Tower
_Radio system (FM), it's better than stupid Spectrum 3.0X 2.4GZ cost me $300 and it works like mother*****.
_Differential

don't waste money guys . I DID. Stupid me.

I'm not talking about a Baja and everyone has their own opinion. What is wrong for you isn't always wrong for everyone else.

As for the 8k spring, it works fantastic in my 'hammer.

Now I'm talking about the Baja:

The Baja clutch is fine, but I'm getting an Elcon next time due to the adjustability.

Air Filter, use a TGN Redneck and/or an Outerwear prefilter.

Front shock tower, the Ramtech is awesome....very strong, no flexing.

The stock HPI radio system is poor. I had numerous glitches and I love my "stupid" Spektrum.

And I LOVE running my Baja with a differential, and I'm not aware of an aftermarket diff so I would strongly suggest keeping that part. :lol:

Will stock radio is cheep one. Better than others but still cheep.
Go with any good radio and you can feel the difference. I did and many others do agree (personally I am a Futaba fan).
Clutch I would agree with the ELCON one, it is amazing pace of art.
Filter depends on what type of terrain you are running in. personally HPI filter with the TGN redneck and a pre filter works for me (desert sand is vary fine).

Stock Front Shock tower is good. I'll tell you why.
I ran my Baja into the tree with ALUM Front Shock. Turn out, The Front Shock Tower IS TOO STRONG, SO It's good, No Bending nothing >>>>>>

Others broke :
CHASIS bent >>> cost me $98
Front Plate >>>> $25
Front Bulkhead >>>> $15
Left WHeel Hub and Turnuckle >>> $30
Left Front Arm >>>>>>>>> $20
SHOCK SHAFT >>>>>>>>>> $45
COST me alot of money to Repair.

If i let the Front Shock Tower breaks >>> it would cost me less.:2guns:

READ POST in Baja 5B forum.com

Stock Baja 5B Air Filter is the BEST Filter. It's been tested and it's so ready for Sand.:2guns:

Absolutely HPI filter is the one to use if you run on sand.
And I run on sand only and trued several others. But nothing compeer to HPI.

HTML:
Yes and the HPI Baja Filter is the best.

Fantastic...I have one on my baja and I love it....

This area is for discussion on the XTM/FIREHAMMER/CARSON vehicles.....not Baja's...CSP's thread appears to have been taken over with Baja discussion, instead of his intended discussion of his FHMT.

If we are discussing Baja's however, I agree with CSP.

8000 RPM clutch spring is great on the Baja...and on the Hammer
Spektrum is FAR better than the stock radio that comes with the Baja
A differential is a must!:clown:

CSP, it's a pity you have the cut the body to get the top-end DOM to fit your Hammer with the new body on....would be a shame to cut it.

How is the shell holding up to roll-over etc?...it looks like it should be pretty strong.

What I mean is I have a HPI Baja filter on my Carson Devil.
It is the best if you can fit it, don’t hesitate and fit it, it is the best filter if you run in sand like me.

HTML:
Yes and the HPI Baja Filter is the best.

Fantastic...I have one on my baja and I love it....

This area is for discussion on the XTM/FIREHAMMER/CARSON vehicles.....not Baja's...CSP's thread appears to have been taken over with Baja discussion, instead of his intended discussion of his FHMT.

If we are discussing Baja's however, I agree with CSP.

8000 RPM clutch spring is great on the Baja...and on the Hammer
Spektrum is FAR better than the stock radio that comes with the Baja
A differential is a must!:clown:

CSP, it's a pity you have the cut the body to get the top-end DOM to fit your Hammer with the new body on....would be a shame to cut it.

How is the shell holding up to roll-over etc?...it looks like it should be pretty strong.

Sadly, I've only run it up and down the street and in my backyard. I've got to get it out to the construction site sometime this weekend. The humidity has been awful here. I can't bring myself to cut the body yet. I'll wait until I've rolled it a few times. The lexan thickness on the body is thick. I think it should hold up pretty good!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks