Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

x can quick question

Discussion in 'HPI Baja' started by BuggZy, Mar 26, 2007.

1. BuggZy

BuggZy Well-Known Member

can someone give me the diameter of the x-can exit ports ??? i need to know the diameter for the silicone tubes that are used for extending the exhaust.

Thanks

2. frumpy

frumpy Well-Known Member

Buggzy without taking mine apart I have the same set up as this and the tubes at the end measure 5/8'' which is what the stinger on the can itself is I believe.
    Exhaust.gif

3. beyondthebars

beyondthebars Member

Awesome! Where did you get the tube and the purple connector sleeves?

4. frumpy

frumpy Well-Known Member

The silicone is from a savage exhaust and 34 ford sent me the tubes.This is a pic of his baja.I used one of the silicone tubes from DDM and cut small pieces off and did basically the same thing but cut my tubes at 45 degree angles at the ends gives it a more scale look:)
    SANY0130.gif
    SANY0129.gif
    :) :cool2:

5. Bigger the Better

Bigger the Better LSF Plus Member
    PLUS member

Could you tell me what the main difference, in your opinion, between these two? To me it looks like quality and thickness of the aluminum, more exhaust out put with the original and the Xcan will come with the Xport which act as a what?
    Thank you.:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-Baja-5B-CFM-High-Performance-Exhaust-NEW_W0QQitemZ110116402466QQihZ001QQcategoryZ34063QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://www.teamgonads.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=4005-hpi&Category_Code=hpiexhaust

Attached Files:

6. FastEddy

FastEddy Well-Known Member
    LSF vendor

With the X-Can, you can make a false bottom in it to hide your contraband. The other unit is sealed.

7. Bigger the Better

PLUS member

Funny......:lol:

I take it no one has tried out the cheap one?
    I still would like to know what the Xport will do for performance and what the difference would be with a large vs small xport?

8. Timmahh

Timmahh Bajastafarian Madnes
    PLUS member

ya someone over on HBF commented on haveing one, and it being better than his JPv2 pipe? maybe for all out breathability, but in now way can a can outpeform a tuned pipe. i think he was smoking Crack, or eating it maybe.
    T

9. Bigger the Better

PLUS member

Timmahh,

You have had both the Xcan and a pipe right? If so, which do you like the best?

10. Timmahh

Timmahh Bajastafarian Madnes
    PLUS member

ya, i have the XCan, TGN Tuned pipe and now a Dominator too.

all 3 have there uses imo.

the TGN has Killer Low end with a strong mid and decent top ends the tone without the silincer is out fraking standing!

the Dom has Strong Low End, with a Killer Mid and a decent top end. the tone on this is very meaty sounding!!
    the Xcan is an all around basher can. good performance, but not as controllable thru the rpm range as with a pipe on. but there no additional weight out of balance and its unlikely you ll have damaget to the xcan without a freaky accident.

the Dom and TGN are built VERY SOLID and i don't expect damage issues with either of these pipe either, again unless its a freaky deaky accident.

i ll be using the TGN for Dunes, Drag Racing.
    Dom for General bashing and track use. once i get a few other things here, i ll be attempting a new pipe made from bashed up pipes im gathering.
    T