XLX2 stuck calibrating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windays

So just got an XLX2 for my DBXLE and I'm calibrating it and throttle calibrates fine but as soon as I get to the brake portion it flashes red and beeps constantly, I hold my brake full and it just keeps beeping and flashing red. No trim is set on my transmitter and brake is set to 100% on my DX5 Rugged. I tried rebinding and I was able to bind to the receiver fine and it registered full brake. Not sure what else could be wrong.

Spektrum has always been a problem with Castle ESC's. I got this from the Castle website.....

Why does my ESC not beep and show a solid red when trying to calibrate with a Spektrum SR6100AT receiver?
We have found that Spektrum has added a safety feature that interferes with our normal calibration and manual programming process. Our ESCs require you to power up the ESC at full throttle; the Spektrum AR6100AT receiver will not boot up properly until the throttle trigger is at neutral.
The solution we have found is to power up the ESC at neutral, wait for the receiver LED to turn solid amber, then apply full throttle; this allows the receiver to boot up properly.
WARNING: REMOVE Pinion gear or disengage motor from spur gear! You must apply full throttle BEFORE the ESC arms (double chime after LiPo cell count), but AFTER the receiver boots up and goes solid yellow. If the ESC arms and then you apply throttle the motor will run! We have found that waiting until the Auto LiPo feature counts the 3rd cell the receiver is operational and full throttle can be applied

I got it into calibration mode it just didn't register full brake or reverse. I disabled AVC on the receiver and it fixed it. Strangely I didn't have to do that with my MMX8s or my MMX in my other two cars.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks