XRC-2 upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007trains

I have had my xrc for a while now and after alot of crashes i find myself unable to part from it. But i still would like to see if i could upgrade it with parts from other buggies (apparantly baja parts work well) in various areas...

• lower the gear ratio to get more torque (less speed)
  • Replace the stock plastic joints with something stronger
  • strengthen rollcage and front end of buggy

Any suggestions welcome but i do have a tight budget to keep in mind so not planning full engine upgrade ect.

Ok. Went and bought some parts for it: New carby, replaced the broken/stock joints with different (better?) ones but the biggest thing i did was change the gear ratio down from 24:40 to 16:48.

When i got her running the torque was amazing!!!
I have never heard the engine rev that high and a quick flick of the trigger could send it into a burnout.
Sent it out for a run in the paddock (admitting it was a bit rough at the time) and stripped the new gear :(

Went to pull the gears off and noticed the clutch bell wasn't properly attached to the shaft :mad:

Bit annoyed and don't really wanna put more cash into her if she's gonna keep breaking on me after a ten min run!

Tempted to go back to small scale nitro to save on cash :D
Oh well. you live you learn.

Ok. Went and bought some parts for it: New carby, replaced the broken/stock joints with different (better?) ones but the biggest thing i did was change the gear ratio down from 24:40 to 16:48.

When i got her running the torque was amazing!!!
I have never heard the engine rev that high and a quick flick of the trigger could send it into a burnout.
Sent it out for a run in the paddock (admitting it was a bit rough at the time) and stripped the new gear :(

Went to pull the gears off and noticed the clutch bell wasn't properly attached to the shaft :mad:

Bit annoyed and don't really wanna put more cash into her if she's gonna keep breaking on me after a ten min run!

Tempted to go back to small scale nitro to save on cash :D
Oh well. you live you learn.

Small scale id go for until you have some money stashed to buy a large brand name 1/5th :) xrc aint the strongest good as start

I have run thunder tiger cars for a good few years..my 1/8th nitro is a eb4 s2 and the only thing I have had to upgrade is 1 part in about 6yrs running due to it being a tad weak....and a few broken parts after some serious high speed crashes....
My old 1/10th truck was a good machine too..

I have never really had any problems with my nitro's other than running flat out into non moveable objects

I would gladly recommend thunder tiger to anybody as they have all been great runners and handled well for me..

also I have never had any of the usual tuning problems with nitro's that alot of people suffer from other than with an HPI that I had...it was a heap of crap...

And as for money and largescale the first outlay is huge but if you not a ruff driver you can do it on a budget but there will be times when it will be off the road awaiting parts...I am now spending less on my fg than I was when I run 1/10th electric touring cars...

Thanks for all your help. I think i'll go ahead and get the nitro for now.
As for the xrc would it be better to give it another chance once i have enough cash or start again with a different (better quality) brand.

As FG ONICS said (most) FG parts fit up to the xrc..( I think the diff fits over but to do that you also need the mounts and shock tower at the same time.)
save up and buy bits here and there from likes of ebay and convert it over to an FG..the plastic parts are of a much higher quality than the original xrc and are very strong...

My car is nearly all alloy now but thats due to the previous owner starting it and me being lucky with ebay purchases...

good luck with it ...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks