XRC Help Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperera

Hello ever1,

Hoping someone can help me. I ran my 1/5 for the first time today (already broken in before I got it) and its extreemly slow off take off. Couldnt spin the wheels on a gravel track let alone the car park I was testing it in.

Could it be the clutch or the tune?

It seems to start revving ok but even top end it seems rich and not wanting to get high in the rev range.

I put it against my leg and revved it and it pushed quite hard, its mainly the take off im concerned about.

Any ideas?

If it bogs on take-off it usually means your low end needle needs adjusting.. Lean it out 1/16 at a time and see.. BTW the needles are super sensitive so 1/16 at a time will do allot, don't over do it too much..

What kind of clutch do you have and what spring do you have on it?

Chris

It doesn't seem to bog down at all, just revs and then the buggy sorta slowly takes off but once its moving it really gets allong. I can spin the wheels mid throttle on dirt and its got huge top end. Just getting off the line is extreemly slugglish.

I did a bit of research over the weekend, from what ive seen these things are a little on the underpowered side but I think a different clutch will help because i don't think its too rich, although the plug is indicating it is. Just doesn't sound rich.

How do I find out what kinda clutch/spring is in it? Besides taking it out ofcourse.

Is it a CY motor? If so get yourself a higher rpm clutch spring so you can get the R's up before it kicks in. Also a pipe will make a huge difference too.

Apparently the motor is made in house (one of the reasons they can offer it so cheap) but I think XRC is registered under a different name. From what I have read they company has been making chainsaw motos for 10 years and make allot of the reuqired parts for the buggy inhouse.

Ill look for their other company name and let you know when I find it.

Back