xrc wheels???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlieboy

hi i might sound thick and this question may already have been asked but are the xrc wheels the same as the hpi wheels except for the the mountins? i.e the xrc has a square and hpi have an hex?????????

the only reason i ask is that i want some hpi wheels on my fg leo so i can fit the mx tyres but after pricin everthin up, with the wheels, tyres and adapters it's gettin a bit costly :( so the xrc route is a massive differance in cost :lol:

cheers ben

youre at the same stage i am been thinking of doinig this swap for months now the xrc wheels seem a good idea but im not 100% sure on there quality i didnt want to get them and round the squares out so ive not as of yet bitten the bullit as the say have you looked on tps site they have adapters and wheels not to badly priced

youre at the same stage i am been thinking of doinig this swap for months now the xrc wheels seem a good idea but im not 100% sure on there quality i didnt want to get them and round the squares out so ive not as of yet bitten the bullit as the say have you looked on tps site they have adapters and wheels not to badly priced

hi ren well i bit it last night and bought the from rcmodelz so when they turn up i'll let you know how i get on, not gettin the mxs yet though till i've give the dirtbusters a good trashin to see if they can stand it :lol::lol::lol:

did they come with standard looking tyres allready mounted i looked at them not a bad price from what i remember i was going to get them and destroy the tyres that come mounted then get mxs for the rear i hope they hold up mate as theres a big saving this way

yeah that works i done my rears used a old screwdriver cut down and drilled the square they hold up well and you can still use with rounded squares

did they come with standard looking tyres allready mounted i looked at them not a bad price from what i remember i was going to get them and destroy the tyres that come mounted then get mxs for the rear i hope they hold up mate as theres a big saving this way

yeah they're comin with the copy dirtbusters mate, i got a set of stronger beed locks to so it came to just over £60 for 2 sets of rears inc delivery so yeah a big savin as the cheapest set of hpi where £80 plus delivery :w00t: i'm not to arsed about the tyres holdin up as i really want the mxs but yeah i hope the wheels take it :lol:

i have used them and had no problems with wheel quality (the xrc tyres are pants tho' ...managed to burst two of them) the offset isn't very good and will make the car a bit narrower (using HPI wheels and extenders fixes this) I ran fronts all round 'cos the rears are too wide and foul my beetle shell on suspension travel. I've pinned my squares too and haven't rounded a wheel since

i have used them and had no problems with wheel quality (the xrc tyres are pants tho' ...managed to burst two of them) the offset isn't very good and will make the car a bit narrower (using HPI wheels and extenders fixes this) I ran fronts all round 'cos the rears are too wide and foul my beetle shell on suspension travel. I've pinned my squares too and haven't rounded a wheel since

cheers mate ;) clearance wont be an problem as i have extended squares :cup-1::cup-1:

well rc modelz are true to there word and the wheels arrived today :cup-1::cup-1:

the clearance is ok but due the size and width of them it does make it look a little narrow so i think i will be makin some extenders, but i think they look the dogs danglies :lol::lol::w00t:

let me know what you guys think :D

from this -

Photo0294-1.jpg

to this -

Photo0304-1.jpg
Photo0305.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks