Xrc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have fitted the race ported top end kit to mine and also the 8000rpm clutch spring and it makes a huge difference, i have a pipe from an FG i am making a custom manifold to adapt and use it. have made a few alloy parts to replace the broken stuff but it going to be somuch easier once i get my milling machine in a couple a months. the shocks are pretty ordinary and i am looking at the baja shocks to see if i can use them.

The spark plug will not give you a noticeable increase in a stock motor from what I've tried. Both the CMR7h and the Champion Rz7c have both acted the same which they should since they are the same temp plug. Seems like most are coming with the NGK CMR7h and thats what I use now and is the easiest to get at the auto store.

I have fitted the race ported top end kit to mine and also the 8000rpm clutch spring and it makes a huge difference, i have a pipe from an FG i am making a custom manifold to adapt and use it. have made a few alloy parts to replace the broken stuff but it going to be somuch easier once i get my milling machine in a couple a months. the shocks are pretty ordinary and i am looking at the baja shocks to see if i can use them.

sweet,il try the spring and take it from there...any particular spring?

can you or anyone who KNOWS please tell me what is a good tried and trusted radio setup to replace the shyte quality one in my xrc?and also if anyone knows if theres a replacement for the motor..zenoah or somethig else?? is the mounting setup similar to the xrc?? what other mods has anyone else done with success? any way of squeezing more power outta the motor without spending zillions? what about the clutch,can anyone reccomend a spring that will give me better take off?? cheers!! lastly,can any1 tell me any parts that will fit off other buggies?

the zenoah 26cc big bore kit fits on this motor but you will need to change the exhaust and carby too (they don't fit)
technokit make an exhaust to fit this buggy its part no 51204

also could someone please email me a scan of their xrc manual the car i have is the technokit supercross which is the same car with a self locking diff and there are plenty alloy parts avaliable for it i would like to see the xrc manual to see if the same upgrade parts are offered
if anyone can help me with a scan of the whole manual email it to [email protected] please

thanks

Last edited:
I have an XRC on road car, it also has the same engine position with the exhaust pointing down. I have fitted but am yet to run a mielke pipe and header for an on road car (FG, Harm, etc) bought second hand - I had to dremel out a bit of plastic off the engine mounts which took a minute or two. I'm pretty sure any on road header will get the pipe away from the engine and exiting on the side, you could then possibly adapt another pipe or just run a side pipe although with an offroader it'd ding up pretty quick.

Hi guys I have a XRC buggy Its spent more time in the workshop than it has in the dirt, I did not even run a tank through it before I replaced the pipe with a samba tuned pipe, The pipe did improve it but still not very much. So then came along a zenoah 27cc topend this made a fair bit of difference but still not enough to take the baja's ect, So out came the 27 and that got replaced with a cy bottom end with a zenoah 29 cc ported topend a racing carb and a harm airfilter.
Now were talking, where we go out thier are around 15 other 1/5 scales consisting of baja's and FG's the XRC is by far the quickest thier were talking wheelies from take off it will roost any offorad surface like its in the sand with a set of paddles. The top speed of this is amazing All the guys comment on how much power it has, mainly down to the geraing and how light the car is compared to a baja, Only trouble is that it will run for around 10 mins before a weak point gives way.. So far some of the other mods which I have done has been 3mm carbon chassie rails going the full length of each side of the chassie, I have had to add Harm titanium hex nuts both sides as the standard alloy ones strip out straight away, Harm torsion rear diff, Harm complete gear set set up cosisting of the alloy spur mount as the plastic one stripped harm cush drives, Harm spur gear and Harm titanium pinion, Also harm alloy clutch houseing bracket to replace the standard plastic one which melts from the heat of the bearing. The engine has been completly re mounted useing different engine mount locations with stronger materials, And hardened steel chassie braces.
I have had to re design the brake set up as the old one would just pull its self out so now it mounted with nuts and bolts rather than pressed in. The list of mods goes on and on, I was hopeing that the re mounting of the engine with stronger mounts would solve my gear stripping problem but it has not, the chassie is very weak. The next mod which will be done which will solve all my problems will be, a bracket which will go from the front of the clutch houseing to the front of the spur gear the shaft for the spur all ready has a thread for me to work with but the bell houseing is going to be drilled and tapped with a thread. this will stop the two gears from pulling apart and stripping under the tork of the engine with the weak chassie. The good thing is that the problems I get never accure twice so when something gives way it gets modified and does not go again so im slowing working through all the weak points.
Once I have finished with the chassie I will put a set of disc breaks on the front and go from thier..
Ive kind of passed the point of no return with the XRC Due to the amount of man hours and sleepless nights which has been spent in my work shop fixing her up, So Its going to be a ongoing thing.I would not recomend anyone else to go for the 29cc as its very impractical for the car I have had to go out and buy another 1/5 scale to use while i fix the XRC up just so I can have some fun with the other guys.. The radio I use is a spektrun DX3 with a ACE digital 12.6 Kilo MG servo for the breaks and a hitec hitork metal geared for the steering which works a treat.
Heres a pic of the XRC this pic was taken before it got the Zenoah engine.
Thanks
Piston
oDDXEACON18203.jpg

Last edited:
I have one of these XRC also. I am like some others I got the bugs worked out. got more reves (tuned pipe) upgraded the diff carbon fiber servo mount but in the long run still got a 5 b they are way better value in long run. I will be posting some xrc cabon fiber upgrades. I might make some more headers out of stainless like mine with stainless flange tig welded if you all would be interested. try to get some pics up soon.

Xrc mods

i bought an xrc buggy a few weeks ago, and have experienced most of the problems you guys have, the ball joints suck all need replacing, the clutch can be modded without springs, a 3 mm hole in each clutch shoe takes the revs upto 6000 before engaging, air filter needs changing, lets in too much everything, the rear top arms need replacing with the xrc rc-2A upgrades, front hubs also needed changing, gears need changing to marder steel and plastic set with the rubber bushes, fg marder alloy parts wont fit the front until you upgrade the front arm mount and shock tower, by the time ur done ur still only into standard marder money and the cars nearly at their speed, i just need to mod my exhaust now and im there, and now i read this forum i am on that, seen some nice pipe mod on here.

xrc buggy

I just got xrc buggy , the quality is much better than the old generation. It has improved the rear suspension arm and the front wheel hub also the steering servos changed to be the better meterial. The engine is about 19000rpm. I heard they will producing metal upgrade parts. Then it will be good. I will not broken my this xrc buggy with those upgrade parts at that time.:)

i just picked one up from a local guy, has a ddm 27cc big bore kit, port and gasket matched, ported carb w/velocity stack and high flow filter and 6k clutch spring, also has the steel gears and some custom metal braces for the bulk, its pretty quick to say the least, still has the stock exhaust can just gutted out, a good pipe would be nice, the rear susp arms are pretty weak it seems but a 20lb buggy crashing stuff will break i guess, ive only had one other 5th scale before this and it was a firehammer and i know it broke alot too,lol! heres some pics of it
XRCRC2001-2.gif

xrcrc2001.gif

xrcrc2003.gif

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks