Yama speed problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KushMePlz

I got a yama/xrc2 buggy a couple years ago now cheap of a friend. My issue is I have a couple of mods on it(air filter, cheap chinese exhaust). My problem is I've tried find some accurate information on what speed i should get out the Yama. I've seen all sorts from 30 mph to 45 mph(i don't think i would ever get 45 mph). I've used a couple off apps on my phone and sent it for a drive and the fastest a can seem to get is 27 mph. Does anyone know if I should be getting better speeds? It seems to run quite well I just think it's a bit slow. TIA

I got a yama/xrc2 buggy a couple years ago now cheap of a friend. My issue is I have a couple of mods on it(air filter, cheap chinese exhaust). My problem is I've tried find some accurate information on what speed i should get out the Yama. I've seen all sorts from 30 mph to 45 mph(i don't think i would ever get 45 mph). I've used a couple off apps on my phone and sent it for a drive and the fastest a can seem to get is 27 mph. Does anyone know if I should be getting better speeds? It seems to run quite well I just think it's a bit slow. TIA
I'm reading that this comes with a 23cc, correct? Ditch it and get a 32 zen. Nothing but grins then?

It's pretty shocking how shady they actually are. I've had a few problems with mine but rather enjoy trying to fix them. Also the lack of parts available makes this a challenging buggy to keep running. As much of a pain in the hoop my buggy has been it has taught me so much about 1:5 rc cars.

The Yama isn't bad but is known to be under powered. If you got 27mph off road I'd be happy with that. There isn't a lot of choice with pipes as the exhaust exits onto the chassis with very limited space, gearing could be an option but again not a lot of choice.
For parts, in the UK, Nitrotek stock the parts for the Yama range, not many others stock them.

I've actually found loads off parts that fit. Theres loads of better parts that fit the yama. Loads of fg stuff fits that comes in handy like the clutch bell from fg is far stronger than the guff you get with aowei. The fg tourer exhaust fits with a little work, but in general I get what you guys are saying the amount of money I've spent on fixing and replacing parts to get a faster buggy I could of just bought a faster one.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks