Yankee carb base settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r46

Yankee M15 carb settings

my cousin given me his yankee, hes messed with carb an now refuses to start told me :clown: the engine is yankee M15, the carb isn't a walbro which leads me to question can i use walbro base setting to this carb?

Last edited:
got it up an running again, 3/4 of an hour worth of tuning, engine seems very slow compared to my zenoah lol.

its short wheel base, has a monster bettle style shell( i'll get some pics with it on soon)
We went for a quick blast other nite but seems not able to hold a tune for very long, bogging if not stalling! I suggested to him to get a zenoah or cy lump as quickier an can get parts for them.It sounds nice like a mx.
i745_DSC00659.JPG

i746_DSC00660.JPG

i749_DSC00662.JPG

i747_DSC00661.JPG

Wow that thing is old school.. Me likes!!!!

Has it been started in a while? Usually when 2 strokes stall out like that is means there is an air leak somewhere. Check all the gaskets from the carb to the exhaust and the header.

Hope this will help some.

BTW: didn't yankee make allot of 1/4 scale on-road stuff too?
If so, you might want to check,
www.quarterscalelegends.com

Chris

he never gave me time to look into fully(rang me as testing an came for it lol) i'll be getting it back again an full strip an inspect, it starts fine, idles sweet goes well for 10 mins then flames out sometimes, no response to thottle etc.. feel theres a slight blockage somewhere ,going see if walbro carb can marry to insulator manifold, gonna give that manifold a good looking over as very aged could be problem

hi its a zenoah 23, i don't use it much but it goes really well, i like the old school large scale, i have the kyosho 1/5 and 1/6 scalers aswell, i picked up some new and second hand wheels/tyres for the yankee last year, but you don't see much for sale

thats a modern one! parts i know :helpsmilie: i missed out on another yankee like cousin's earlier this year seller was asking £100.Brought fg hex blocks gonna mod them so can use semi rims on it :)

hi cheers for the link to yankee zouz, just been trawling, i have a brochure for a cross control, would really like to own one,
they made quite few cars

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks