Yanmar ym146 referbish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are faded but in good shape overall. May just have the wife go at them with a paint brush.
View attachment 61337
Since it started to cool off guess I better final sand this hood and shoot it in red quick.

LOL....I was hoping that you didnt scrape or sand them off ,that looks sweet ,they just need a clear coat ,the clear
coat will enhance the beauty of them!

I am glad you saved them!....(y)(y)

First coat of red is on. Bit pissed as I have to wait for the heat to subside to paint. Few spots the primer wrinkled a bit. I'll wet sand it out with some 400 tomorrow evening and give it another coat.
20200720_213432.jpg
LOL....I was hoping that you didnt scrape or sand them off ,that looks sweet ,they just need a clear coat ,the clear
coat will enhance the beauty of them!

I am glad you saved them!....(y)(y)
Nah cant get rid of something I cant get new lol. doesn't look near as nice with the red paint. Once the red is finished I may clear the entire hood and see how I like it. The rear fenders look like crap. I have to take them off anyway to bang them half straight again. And get to the 3 pt hook up. So the back half will be a bit before it gets painted.

Yeah, $2500.00 its yours. Can I finish painting it first?
Few more pics. Got the rear fenders off. They are a mess. Wated to take the foot rests off too, but would have to pull the clutch and brake pedals to get them off. I'll paint them on the tractor. The old seat is history as well. I have a line for the front pto adapter, or well one I can drill out to bolt on. And I found my small drive shaft stuff I kept.
20200721_203345.jpg
Need to cut that stupid long rear hitch off as well. Totally worthless but for tripping me every time I walk around it.
20200721_203349.jpg
Needs some hammer time. Not doing actual body work, just hammering out the dents best I can. Thing needs to work when it's done, I'll likely end up with some more dents in it as it gets used. I have to pull the fuel tank as well. If this week of covid crazy holds out, as well as the weather, I'll start mocking up a 3 or Thursday and friday. Have to order a few more bits as well. Updated fuse box . This one takes the old glass tube style. 2 of them popped out. Will also have to retrofit a different style of lights into the front. The factory plastic is cracked and the bulbs draw 10 amps. Not good when you only have 15 charging amps. Found some panel mount cree led lights I can grab for cheap. I'll dig out the 26x12s and see how they mount up as well. May widen the fenders if they fit good. Have 2 sets with different off set in the wheels, so I'm hopeful one of them lines up and clears the belly mower anti scalp wheels. If im being honest I'll change the deck around if I have to.
I also wet sanded the hood down with some 600 grit. For some reason my fine orbit sander wasnt liking to keep paper attached. So I got stuck giving it the hand sand. That sucked. Let me tell you. But it's ready for its final coat of red on the hood.

It is tempting, its super cool. Any attachments besides the mower deck? Just bought a New Holland CM274 thats cool, but don't think im gonna keep it. Has a plow and hydrolic snowblower. 4WD with locker, heated cab. 900hrs. With I believe a perkins 3cyl diesel. Ill post pics tomorrow when its daylight.

How about 1k and 4 atta boys??
1K an 12 Naddy Daddy's?....:giggle:
Nope, couldnt replace it for that. They just don't make compact tractors like this any more. All the benefits of a straight gear, but able to select 1,2 and reverse on a shuttle shift, with out using the clutch.
It is tempting, its super cool. Any attachments besides the mower deck? Just bought a New Holland CM274 thats cool, but don't think im gonna keep it. Has a plow and hydrolic snowblower. 4WD with locker, heated cab. 900hrs. With I believe a perkins 3cyl diesel. Ill post pics tomorrow when its daylight.
I have a bunch of other attachments, but they are not tractor specific. I did just find a front mount 60" 2 stage blower for it. Guy is off his rocker and wants $800.00 for it. Called him up and told him $200.00 and I'd be up to get it Friday. He hung up for some reason ??. People don't realize when a model stopped being made in the 80s and factory support stopped in the mid 90s. Your attachments ain't worth poop.
Dunno, bought it in june. My guess is not great, but ok. Its heavy with a full suitcase of 80kg weights, so will bite eventually. I wouldn't go driving it in a fresh 8" though. Can get chains too if its bad.
Turf tires are better in the snow then v treads. V treads are more or less worthless with out chains when trying to plow or use a blower. My cousin has a 4x4 massy about the same size as my yanmar. He got a set of v treads all around the second year he owned it. Turf tires went back on after him sliding down his driveway and onto the main road. He never had that issue with the turf tires. Even I swap turfs onto the cub for plow duties over winter. Gotta remember these small tractors just don't have the weight of the full size ones.
Ps it rained most the afternoon so i didnt get squat done.

Nope, couldnt replace it for that. They just don't make compact tractors like this any more. All the benefits of a straight gear, but able to select 1,2 and reverse on a shuttle shift, with out using the clutch.

I have a bunch of other attachments, but they are not tractor specific. I did just find a front mount 60" 2 stage blower for it. Guy is off his rocker and wants $800.00 for it. Called him up and told him $200.00 and I'd be up to get it Friday. He hung up for some reason ??. People don't realize when a model stopped being made in the 80s and factory support stopped in the mid 90s. Your attachments ain't worth poop.

Turf tires are better in the snow then v treads. V treads are more or less worthless with out chains when trying to plow or use a blower. My cousin has a 4x4 massy about the same size as my yanmar. He got a set of v treads all around the second year he owned it. Turf tires went back on after him sliding down his driveway and onto the main road. He never had that issue with the turf tires. Even I swap turfs onto the cub for plow duties over winter. Gotta remember these small tractors just don't have the weight of the full size ones.
Ps it rained most the afternoon so i didnt get squat done.
Ya weight is gonna be to my advantage on the new holland. Unsure what the machine weighs, but its got quit a bit hanging off the front and back. If I get stuck Ill just yank it out with the kubota. I think it will be fine though. Its 4wd with locker in the front I think. Must be the front cuz its the back wheels that turn.
You're right, its worth far more than im offering. Im a cheap prick though and good deals are abundant with everyone out of work. Thats how I got the NH so cheap. I do wants a small diesel garden tractor though, they're so cool. I only have a old gravely with a gas job in it. Its just not fun, cool, or worth fixing.

Last edited:
Cant bite on the honda mate, just finished selling off all our dirt bikes and the last kawasaki 250 3 wheeler. We got no where to ride that doesn't charge out the arse. Plus I don't really want to get rid of the yanmar. I may have a beat on a 20 hp model. Gotta work my cousin a bit harder. His neighbor upstate has one, he cant get up on anymore. Guys like 80 years old. Took it to a dealer up there and the dealer told him $500.00 for a trade on a new kubota. I told my cousin I'd give him $800.00 for the tractor and $100.00 for each attachment he has for it. Sounds like he has a metric tone of stuff to go with it. Think its 20 or 26 hp. I'll have to get more details if I can. Theres a 147d locally but they wont budge off of $2500.00 for it. Bad clutch ($1200.00 for a "new" clutch) and only a blower for it. (Not really interested in that) they actually hung up on me. I was going to stop buy today, but got placed "on call" because they got one guys covid results yesterday. So I did nothing that I couldnt drop and leave if called into work.total waste of a day.

Cant bite on the honda mate, just finished selling off all our dirt bikes and the last kawasaki 250 3 wheeler. We got no where to ride that doesn't charge out the arse. Plus I don't really want to get rid of the yanmar. I may have a beat on a 20 hp model. Gotta work my cousin a bit harder. His neighbor upstate has one, he cant get up on anymore. Guys like 80 years old. Took it to a dealer up there and the dealer told him $500.00 for a trade on a new kubota. I told my cousin I'd give him $800.00 for the tractor and $100.00 for each attachment he has for it. Sounds like he has a metric tone of stuff to go with it. Think its 20 or 26 hp. I'll have to get more details if I can. Theres a 147d locally but they wont budge off of $2500.00 for it. Bad clutch ($1200.00 for a "new" clutch) and only a blower for it. (Not really interested in that) they actually hung up on me. I was going to stop buy today, but got placed "on call" because they got one guys covid results yesterday. So I did nothing that I couldnt drop and leave if called into work.total waste of a day.
????

Money talks.... till you get here it will be like a brand spaken new tractor.
@Zanuu over @ www.anythingrc.co.uk races tractor very similar to yours?? has a thread if I'm not mistaken ??

+1??
Tried looking your mate up, apparently I need to join the forum to get in the off topic section... ie not worth it.
So few more tid bits.
First, I haven't got my covid test back yet. But after talking to my manager, sounds like I'll be back at work next week regardless. (My 2 week "quarantine" is up monday) and then the week after I'll be off to do the half of my roof I didnt bother to do last year. This weekend I'll have to finish up the steering on my truck as I'll need it, and I had a tree come down at my wifes ma maws house across her driveway, so sunday I have to go clean that up. (Kinda nice when it's an oh don't worry about it till the weekend, I don't have anywhere to go till next Tuesday) so with this in mind I'm not expecting to get a ton done to the yanmar this weekend. And the parts I had ordered are on back order which pisses me off to no end, but oh well.
Ps, have a scheme for power steering too. ??. 3k 21bb if it gets that.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks