your clone pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank knows how to look after his customers; I reckon it is because of his diligence that our Rovan/Predators are in great shape when he sends them to us! I am a bit far away, as I am up in Forster, NSW, 300kms north of Syney. I hope to visit the Newcastle track at some stage, but even that is 150kms away...

+1 Dafy LMAO that is so funny. Come on you know it is. Great pics I would like to see more. I do think there are more but many fear that they will be then banned from there HPI ONLY sites. Which would happen! I have seen flat out clones on the sites that no one catches.

I have a HPI BAJA, I have no problems with the clones. Its your money and your choice. You end up upgrading to custom or regular HPI parts most times. As long as were having a good time and wrecking sh--. That is the point. There is just alot of stigma around the clones, most don't realize that tthe designer of the HPI BAJA worked for another RC company 2002 to 2006. That also has the rights to the BAJA style Large Scale RC.They released a Baja in 2005. They have since sold it to other companies that can and do have the right to sell them. Hpi says there BAJA came out in 2008. I found all this on the Net in a few moments.

I am sure even righting this may start some DRAMA...its okay its the truth. I still am a HPI BAJA fanatic. I just wish that it wasn't such a BAD thing to own one. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Daft question but are they different tyres on the LH side or is it just the photo angle??

you nailed it they are different at the time of the pic i was trying out the smaller hpi wheels on it they fit straight on.... hpi are120/80...original tires are 214/120 huge...IMG_0445.jpg

Last edited:
+1 Dafy LMAO that is so funny. Come on you know it is. Great pics I would like to see more. I do think there are more but many fear that they will be then banned from there HPI ONLY sites. Which would happen! I have seen flat out clones on the sites that no one catches.

I have a HPI BAJA, I have no problems with the clones. Its your money and your choice. You end up upgrading to custom or regular HPI parts most times. As long as were having a good time and wrecking sh--. That is the point. There is just alot of stigma around the clones, most don't realize that tthe designer of the HPI BAJA worked for another RC company 2002 to 2006. That also has the rights to the BAJA style Large Scale RC.They released a Baja in 2005. They have since sold it to other companies that can and do have the right to sell them. Hpi says there BAJA came out in 2008. I found all this on the Net in a few moments.

I am sure even righting this may start some DRAMA...its okay its the truth. I still am a HPI BAJA fanatic. I just wish that it wasn't such a BAD thing to own one. Just my thoughts on the subject.

well said mate, thing is clones are getting better and better just look at the kingmotor 2.0 a very well spec,d buggy at silly money, i could have got a used hpi baja on ebay but thats the thing its been used and how hard??

My new KM baja, fitted frosted plastic side skirts today and made some windows. Bike inner-tubes for shock protectors.

Still needs its first run. :clover:

Attachments

• DSCF3861.jpg
    DSCF3861.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF3862.jpg
    DSCF3862.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF3860.jpg
    DSCF3860.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 41
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks