Your Ideas on a Wider Rim for the DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nasim

Hello my fellow 5th scalers. I have been doing alot of looking for a wider rim for the DBXL. I finally ended up buying rear HPI Baja 5b wheels for all 4 corners. When the vehicle is static and turn left or right the wheels don't touch the turnbuckles. After a couple of days of running i noticed the wheels were eating away at the ends of the turnbuckles. A fellow RC'er had warned me about it and told me about wheel spacers. Well that leads me to this.

I want to develop my own rim for the DBXL. A rim that has the correct offset with the width of rear 5b rim. Wanted to do alloy but i want to hear from you guys. Alloy, plastic, a mix of both materials like the Integy ones, let me know what is it that you would like to see. I also want to mimic realistic rims like the ones on the baja 1000 vehicles, and desert racing buggies and trucks.

Lastly is it something that you all would be interested in buying, being that the style options are limited for most of our 5th scale vehicles.

Your thoughts, comments, opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Well here are some ideas of what i had in mind. These are real rims for trucks but i want to minutirize them for our 5th scale rides starting withbthe DBXL.
images (6).jpg truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-razorback-6-lug-matte-machine-dark-tint-lip-std-250.jpg images (9).jpg images (8).jpg
Again these are real rims, but this is what i was thinking for our hobby.

@Nasim alloy sounds cool but I'm perfectly happy with plastic wheels as well.
Just gave me an idea to keep these affordable. A mix of both plastic and alloy. Something like Integy but not exactly. More like the GPM wheels but again with the styles on the previous post.

Ok i finally found a place that can make a plastic prototype for me. They are local also. Going to meet up with them on Monday, so we can discuss pricing. Also i might ditch the alloy all together just for now. Going to start off with these two designs here and see where this goes. So this basic 5 star,
images (9).jpg
and this one as well.
images (3).jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks