Your Job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be changing careers. I find out more in about an hour. after this weekend detailing a moldy van and getting so sick (missed 2 days of work now and lost 22 lbs in 1 day!!) I started thinking about what I am doing. I make decent money but this working in freezing conditions lately and then getting sick has made me think hard about it...

I got an email from a bud the other day. I used to work part time at a movie studio, in winters to cover holidays and such. did that every year except this year. very cool place to work. well a full time position has just come up. I kinda miss walking around the sets and stuff. it has always amazed me seeing what those people can do in such a short time. pay is not bad, steady, benefits and something I can do into being an older fart than I am now. I know I only have 5 or 10 yrs left doing what I do now. I'd be doing graveyards again (I prefer them, way too busy during the day for me)

I may be changing careers. I find out more in about an hour. after this weekend detailing a moldy van and getting so sick (missed 2 days of work now and lost 22 lbs in 1 day!!) I started thinking about what I am doing. I make decent money but this working in freezing conditions lately and then getting sick has made me think hard about it...

I got an email from a bud the other day. I used to work part time at a movie studio, in winters to cover holidays and such. did that every year except this year. very cool place to work. well a full time position has just come up. I kinda miss walking around the sets and stuff. it has always amazed me seeing what those people can do in such a short time. pay is not bad, steady, benefits and something I can do into being an older fart than I am now. I know I only have 5 or 10 yrs left doing what I do now. I'd be doing graveyards again (I prefer them, way too busy during the day for me)

Sounds like a no brainer to me if the money is right. Good luck bud ;)

If the money is right to pay the bills, do it. 2 years ago my dad gave up working as a ships engineer (think fecking noisy engine room, 6hr on-off shifts and lots of hard manual graft) and becausme a school design assistant (cuts bit of wood and metal up for the kids projects). My dad couldn't be happier because the work is regular, low stress, and every day is different. He's even started building one of thease in his newfound spare time http://www.blackjackzero.com/mainindex.htm

Still no word back. if it was a hell no I'd have gotten that one right away lol. When I left I kinda just walked out and quit. There was a full time position offered back last year and I applied for it but the seniority thing got me. The person worked for Stargate and got the job, then quit a week later LOL. I was quite pissed because I had far more experience for the job itself. I was a bit insulted. And 2 days before I saved a server system that would have wiped out tons of important data... so I am sure they are wiehging the pros and cons of me. I do have an attitude, I admit that freely. But I work my arse off and know what I am doing. so I think my attitude is mostly justified haha

the job is called operations assistant.... fancy title for security/maintenance. they have a camera system and it's actually quite simple yet half the functions aren't even enabled properly. I ran a camera system at a huge electronics distribution place and could zero in on forklift drivers flying around, caught misplaced shipments and even caught people stealing all kinds of stuff. the controls are like a heli so it was easy to jump into for me.

but that's just part of the job. so many different things to do made it interesting each night

have been a auto technican for seems like a 100 years.(actually only since the earth started cooling.lol)now am the service manager for a large tire store chain,We also do full mechanical repairs as well.Sure beats the --- out of working at a automotive dealership.That was great when i started in the late 60's with all the muscle cars around at the time,but now it was just a disrespectful job.

Im retar....um Retired.

Not that I want to be. I broke my back, not once but twice and now live in an amazing amount of pain and require 2 canes to walk which I can barely do, so Im now on disability.

But i hate it, its boring and 24 hour a day pain sucks. Going in for my 5th MRI this coming tuesday.

Not saying this for sympathy, just sayin' to get it out of the way.

Before that I owned my own heating company and have done residential and commercial HVAC for years. Heat/AC , forced air and Hydronic as well as some fire superssion sytem installations.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks