Zenoah 26 leaky crankcase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8davep

Hi, Just looking for some advice please, i have a Zenoah 260 in my recently aquired stadium truck, it was not very well maintained before i got it, the head was clogged with grass so may have been overheated.

After i stripped and rebuilt the engine / fitted a new piston ring it runs strong with no issues, but leaks oil from the front of the engine head / case gasket, is this usual as it had signs of a lot of oil all over it before i stripped it.

When i reassembled it the joint was very clean, i did not use any liquid gasket on the base gasket ...was not sure if i should have to?

Also i did not re torque the head bolts after running the ring in any ideas how to stop it leaking would be appreciated, runs fine just messy after a few runs.

have you checked the head bolts since first run after rebuild and did you replace the gasket that joins the 2 halves of the bottom end it maybe that

I fitted a new base gasket , but have not retighted the head bolts, i'll give that a go and see if they have loosened.

I did not use loctite on the head bolts...should i?

Thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks