Zenoah G260RC1 won't start!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinksman67

Hi All,
Use the site a lot, it's a great source of reference, but i am not much of a poster, however, i am tearing what's left of my hair out!!

Here's the story, FG Baja 4WD, 2 years old, no more than 2 gallons of fuel through it (yes, i know it's not getting a lot of use!) it has been sitting still for 2 months, tried to start, no joy.

...many hours pass by with me tinkering and wrenching....

As of today, I have completely stripped down, cleaned and rebuilt the whole engine and carb, fitted new gaskets all round, added new spark plug, checked and set both the plug gap and ignition coil gap, and refitted engine.

I have reset high and low speed needles to factory (and even tweaked the low speed a little either way whilst trying to start).

I have fully charged the reciever pack and am getting good steering/throttle response from tx., filled with brand new fuel/oil mix.

There appear to be no leaks anywhere, fuel primes nicely and dumps excess back into tank, no visible air bubbles,

I must have pulled on that starter cord a 1,000 times now and i am not even getting a glimmer of the engine firing up despite getting a good spark.

I have tried everything from a tiny bit of fuel to almost a flooded engine with neutral throttle, tiny bit of throttle, 1/4, 1/2, full...

...You get the picture.

What am i missing?? Any ideas why this usually reliable engine will not start??

Incidentally i have tried with/without killer bee kill switch fitted thinking that may have been the issue but it made no difference.

I would really appreciate advice from you engine guru's out there as to what may be the issue?

Thanks
Tinksman67

Is the spark plug getting wet with fuel? Have you removed the plug put in in the coil wire laid it on some where metal and see if you are getting spark? Does the compression feel good?

I have one motor I did not run for 1 1/2 years and it started after some coxing.

Hi,
Yes, getting a good spark, plug is wet so fuel is getting through.
When i remove plug and turn upside down and pull pullstart fuel does come out of engine.
Real headscratcher!

Does it even try to start or pop? If it is getting fuel has spark and compression it should start or at least try to. Good luck and keep us posted.

Your engine might be flooded!
take the spark plug out check if its wet, you may also wanna try putting a few drops off 2 stroke down they engine then pull it and it should fire`

If fuel was flowing out and plug wet your flooded.

Turn it upside down again with the plug out and get all that fuel out. Put plug back in. Turn off the choke hold throttle wide open and pull till it starts.

Could have carb issue that is going to flood it again also.

If you're anywhere near santa pod then you have Nene valley reaceway near by, pop in there this weekend, I'm sure there is a winter series on, there are loads of people who will help you out.

hi buddy,had the same problem today,had to turn buggy upside down and take sparky out,give plenty of pulls with pullstart to get the petrol out,mine was flooded,then make sure your choke is on

I remember reading somewhere that there is a hole on the carb that needs to be free otherwise it doesn't work. If the gasket is not seated correctly is covers this hole & affects performance. Not sure what this is cos I never had any problems when I changed mine in the past???

I remember reading somewhere that there is a hole on the carb that needs to be free otherwise it doesn't work. If the gasket is not seated correctly is covers this hole & affects performance. Not sure what this is cos I never had any problems when I changed mine in the past???

I think you are talking about the plus hole but if the plug is getting wet I do not think this is the problem.

If the plug is getting wet its not the pulse hole. is it a new plug, have you tried taking the plug out and propping it up on the head and pulling the pull start to see if it making a good spark, a weak or bad plug may not sprk correctly under compresion.

If the pulse hole were closed off it would still pull fuel through the carb while you were choking it. The closed off venturi draws hard enough to pull the flow through the check valves of the carbs fuel pump section.

It of coarse would not continue to run once you opened the choke it would loose that strong vacuum and die as the fuel cuts off.

If you think there is a possibility you have something going on with gasket blocking, misalignment or what ever with the pulse hole then it is worth checking to at least rule it out as a possible problem.

I wpould pull the fuel line off te carb and shoot a 1/4 ounce of fuel in it and hold it wide open and pull it till it starts. If it won't fire and burn off that fuel you have to start a deeper search for the reason. If it fires and burns it off then attach fuel line to carb and light choke and see if she'll fire and stay running.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks