Zenoah g320 stock issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bajaripper912

I have a newer g320 in my vekta been running fine after break in period have about 9 runs on my vekta with it. On the last run i did it was perfectly running good and i usually run a little on the richer side. Went to fuel it up again and go but now wont stay running and when it does stay running for about 5 sec it doesn't sound like compression is healthy at all. Tried swaping out carb, plug, manifold, disconnected kill switch to see of stays running. But nothing is changing. If anybody has any insight before i have to rip head off to check cylinder that would be greatly appreciated. I basically checked all the simple stuff and maybe im overlooking something. Been fixing cars for 17 years and we all can miss something here or there. But i do have an obr 32 reed case setting on shelf but thats my last resort to throw her in.

I have a newer g320 in my vekta been running fine after break in period have about 9 runs on my vekta with it. On the last run i did it was perfectly running good and i usually run a little on the richer side. Went to fuel it up again and go but now wont stay running and when it does stay running for about 5 sec it doesn't sound like compression is healthy at all. Tried swaping out carb, plug, manifold, disconnected kill switch to see of stays running. But nothing is changing. If anybody has any insight before i have to rip head off to check cylinder that would be greatly appreciated. I basically checked all the simple stuff and maybe im overlooking something. Been fixing cars for 17 years and we all can miss something here or there. But i do have an obr 32 reed case setting on shelf but thats my last resort to throw her in.
Could be a bad carb, did you try raising the idle screw on the carb? Oh and also try richening the low speed needle if raising the idle screw didn't do anything

Motors not locked up moves freely but i literally took motor out and found broken clutch shoe spring could this be my problem on it not staying running?

Yep clutch shoe spring diffantly stalls motor. Got her up and running. First time ever clutch shoe spring broke on me. Live and learn

That spring diffantly didnt last long. It was 8rpm spring to. Is it better to have a higher rated spring than a lower one? Whats the difference? And is it a performance difference?

That spring diffantly didnt last long. It was 8rpm spring to. Is it better to have a higher rated spring than a lower one? Whats the difference? And is it a performance difference?
The 8000 spring will rev up more before moving vs the 6000 spring, I'd try a 6000 and if you don't like it go for ddm 8000 spring

Last edited:
Man same thing just happened to me but before doing anything with the help of a friend we lifted the truck off the ground and pulled on the pullstart and the wheels moved slightly which verified that it was a clutch problem......

Yes the clutch was worn down and the spring broke I replaced it with an fs clutch going to do some test runs this weekend

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks