Zenoha g26, bad starter and no power at low revs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garethw1986

Hi I've got a fg monster truck with a g26 it's got no power at low revs and won't come alive till half way through rev range, I'm new to these engines and cars, any ideas? Thanks

Is it a new or old motor ? what color is the plug?
It may have an airleak or may simply need to be tune

Hi not sure on age of motor, I got the truck only recently, I've reset the needles but it's still the same, would it be worth putting a new ring in it and changing gaskets? Thanks

if the ring was worn, wouldnt it lose power down low and up high? sometimes the littlist turn on the low can make a difference,there is az sweet spot, ive adjusted my hsn by a 16th of a turn before which gave me an extra 10 mph,until then i didnt realise what a small adjustment could do,if you turn it too much you can miss the spot which gives best performance.

It might be a well used motor in good condition but down on compression - re-ring as Voo often says.

Al.

This is true but I would think if it was compression performance would be poor all around hard to start particularly when hot. If he has not tired adjusting the LSN yet I would do that first.

You say it's go low power at low revs but ok mid to high range? It may be the clutch bogging, does it sound like it needs to cough up a big lump of phlem before it goes?
What gearing do you have? this may be an issue too.

Hi is got 46 ,18 gearing same as my leopard with the same engine, that car has tons of power so I know it's not right, the mt has marder wheels fitted too which are smaller then originals, the engine does seem to be choked some how

Hi is got 46 ,18 gearing same as my leopard with the same engine, that car has tons of power so I know it's not right, the mt has marder wheels fitted too which are smaller then originals, the engine does seem to be choked some how

Take one of your gears off (the clutch bell is probably easyest) and start you engine, see if it is still sluggish on low revs, if it is then you can rule out the clutch - while this is off, see if everything if free on the drive train.

r.e gearing for the Leopard, I'd suggest, 20,44,14,48 to get the best out of it.

hi, what pipe do you have on it? that can make a difference, also regarding the compression,how does it feel when you pull the pullstart?
have you sorted your EPA so you open the carb up fully on full throttle,check the carb on the side of the tickover and the carb needles,inbetween theres a half moon shaped thing that should turn all the way when you apply throttle,you don't need to run the engine to check this, a video would be very helpful. and see if the

Last edited:
hi, what pipe do you have on it? that can make a difference, also regarding the compression,how does it feel when you pull the pullstart?
have you sorted your expenential so you open the carb up fully on full throttle,check the carb on the side of the tickover and the carb needles,inbetween theres a half moon shaped thing that should turn all the way when you apply throttle,you don't need to run the engine to check this, a video would be very helpful. and see if the

Hi it's got standard exhaust on it from factory, it feels fine when pulling but does take more pulls then usual to fire, if you prime the bulb with chock on it can take 5 or 6 pulls before it will fire, thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks