30DN BWS-5B first rc giant scale car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbailey45us

Just got my first large scale rc car in its a 30DN BWS5B. It has the V2 kit with it with different shock tube for the front. Was wondering if anyone might know what weight shock oil to use. Also any recommendations on brand of paint to use for the body.

Congrats. All depends on what you are using it for. I would start with 40wt shock oil then fine tune from there. I like Spaz Stix paint when I paint because of their many colors, but any lexan paint will work.
Well turns out all I have is 30wt right now. I'll try that I can always change it later. Yeah I've never painted a body so it might get interesting (and ugly) lol. The shocks caps and wheels are red so may just do a basic red with black windows about like the factory red one, unless I can come up with something better.

It could be a tool but tbh I have no idea what and why it's in the picture. I have losi 5ive t's and those shock bodies and springs look similar and I haven't come across what's circled.

It could be a tool but tbh I have no idea what and why it's in the picture. I have losi 5ive t's and those shock bodies and springs look similar and I haven't come across what's circled.
Yeah I can't find anything like it on the car at all. I'm just gonna roll with it. Spent about 2 days putting the V2 kit on and putting loctite on any metal to metal screws. Installed a kill switch. After going to V2 it's going to be a lot of fine tuning on steering and such since the arms are longer. I still gotta paint the body. I didn't even put the metal spur on it. Not exactly an upgrade other than it being metal. Figure I would wait and if something happens then put it on. Same for the servo mount. The mount is just a little more robust. Only put on the parts that were upgrades besides metal. Trying to take my time and prevent any BS with it being a "budget" model. Only thing I can't figure put so far is if the radio can be set to kill the switch on signal loss. Was able to make the throttle close and brake apply on signal lose but can't seem to get Ch3 for the kill switch to do it. It will drop out on low voltage though. Using a dynamite kill switch because the killer rc one would've taken a while to get here. Should fire it up tomorrow. I hope it runs lol already got a lot of work in it. Can't seem to find initial needle setting for the engine. It's a Fuelie 29cc.

Yea I have no clue, clone or not I draw the line at the radio 🤷‍♂️
I hear ya on that one. Been out of RC for a long time. Flew giant scale 3D planes for forever and had some electric and Nitro cars. Planes are much more time consuming. Literally bought a cheapo 1/16 scale electric truck off of Temu and the thing runs 35 mph and built like a tank. I said the heck with it let's get something big lol. If it runs good and holds up I'll upgrade the radio and servos as well most likely. Gotta make sure I stick with it first lol. I may can rebind the transmitter and make it work just gotta figure out how. Ch3 is a button rather than a switch on the transmitter so not sure it can.

I have the spektrum dx5c and it's a button that my killswitch is on. So with mine I have to press the button down that the killswitch is on while binding the radio for it to kill it in a radio loss event. Try that and see if it works
That didnt work, but, I just reversed the channel and if I turn off my transmitter the kill switch turns off. So that's great
That didnt work, but, I just reversed the channel and if I turn off my transmitter the kill switch turns off. So that's great
Nevermind that didn't work lol

Well I figured out real quick to never use Krylon Fusion spray paint on a body. That stuff is terrible. Painted my wheel covers with Colorshot and it did amazing. Body gonna look rough lol. The body for these things are very expensive compared to the price of the buggy.

Wow. I must say I am impressed. Found a thread about factory needle settings and made sure they were set there and maybe a bump more rich. Fired up in a couple of pulls. Tested kill switch, drove slow and trimmed and made necessary turnbuckle adjustments. Didn't realize it would be that quick on the throttle. I literally never had to touch the needles. Thats with the factory plug too. After a fewinutes I let her rip with the limited space I have. Once I take it somewhere smooth I can really dial in the links and trim. I do have a question I have some negative camber in the front. Is that good for buggies? I'll upload a pic. I did jack up the body with that junk paint I used so I'll have to fix that. I guessed at shock tension and it seems pretty good. Basically just some tweaking here and there. Sounds amazing too. I'll clean it up and check for anything loose or any signs of a part I may need to keep on hand. I would like to get some spare differential axle cups but they are out of stock everywhere but ebay. Stock battery seemed to do well for the servos. I'm addicted now lol1000003029.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks