30DN BWS-5B first rc giant scale car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tad confused with the manual. Which is jumper on and jumper off? According to manual it says 6v cutoff is the highest. Can these people not put another sentence or 2 in the manual?

Screenshot_20231201_200816_Samsung Notes.jpg
To me it looks like no jumpers is 6v cutoff. I don't want my 2s lipo not killing the engine til 6 volts.

I have the paperwork for mine give me a little bit. Half of 7.4 is 3.2... your cutting yourself short by cutting

I have the paperwork for mine give me a little bit. Half of 7.4 is 3.2... your cutting yourself short by cutting it at 6v
That's what I am saying. I want it set at 6V with the 5 cell Nimh. But if I use 2S there's not a cut off jumper orientation that fits that say for 7.4V. A little confused on their diagram to on what picture means jumper is on or off. I would say solid box is jumper on.
I'm thinking what is labeled 1 is jumper off and 2 is jumper on. Am I correct. Who manufactures this thing? Hell I do industrial electrical work for a living and lot of these manuals will confuse the most seasoned electrical people. People that write manuals are idiots lol. I can't even figure out who manufactures the Dynamite kill switch.
So both jumpers on should mean no voltage safety right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231201_200816_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20231201_200816_Samsung Notes.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
So 6v is both in, 5v red is removed, 4v black is removed. No protection is red and black Removed. An open rectangle with no dots on shows the jumper removed, an open rectangle with 2 dots to the left or right shows one removed and the other left in. 2 open rectangles with no dots means no jumpers.

Dynamite makes it, it's a horizon hobby product

So 6v is both in, 5v red is removed, 4v black is removed. No protection is red and black Removed. An open rectangle with no dots on shows the jumper removed, an open rectangle with 2 dots to the left or right shows one removed and the other left in. 2 open rectangles with no dots means no jumpers.

Dynamite makes it, it's a horizon hobby product
So what should I use for 2S lipo? 6V ismt good for low voltage cutoff on 2S.

No idea, clearly I'm wrong. Maybe someone with more lipo experience will chime in.

Looks like killer rc which many people use and I have in the past also gives the same voltage selection. Generally my low voltage cutoff never makes it to what I set as I charge them the night before a race and their usually half charged, I use an electron balance charger as I don't need a fancy one for rx Batts.

https://www.killerrc.com/collections/kill-switches/products/super-bee-kill-switch-boat-kit

Here's the link 👆to killer rc but I advise against placing an order as there has been months and months worth of threads and complaints about him not responding or sending out items to very late overdue orders showing up.

No idea, clearly I'm wrong. Maybe someone with more lipo experience will chime in.

Looks like killer rc which many people use and I have in the past also gives the same voltage selection. Generally my low voltage cutoff never makes it to what I set as I charge them the night before a race and their usually half charged, I use an electron balance charger as I don't need a fancy one for rx Batts.

https://www.killerrc.com/collections/kill-switches/products/super-bee-kill-switch-boat-kit

Here's the link 👆to killer rc but I advise against placing an order as there has been months and months worth of threads and complaints about him not responding or sending out items to very late overdue orders showing up.
That is why I didn't order from there. I read a few things about that.

Yeah the 6V cutoff is highest you can do. Emailed Horizon Hobby and was told for the 6V cutoff to remove both jumpers. No big deal I'll just stick with Nimh. I'm not racing or anything so a tad faster sevo time isn't a must have. I will say one thing these giant scale will run forever on a tank of gas. You need a break before it runs out lol. I set the needles about 1/8 more rich than factory and haven't touched them since I first started it. I can probably get a tad more power of it but I'm fine with how it is. It's a blast for sure. I did have the kill switch kill it one time and wouldn't come back on til I turned receiver off and back on. Not sure what that was about. But no problems at all other than that.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks