Baja 2 speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hondacr89

Hi

Hoping someone can help?.

Just put a new 2 speed on my baja, gone for a test drive and it wouldn't move and the first gear was just spinning.

After further investigation i noticed it was just spinning on the one way bearing (needle one).

Is there anything that be done or if I've done something wrong to stop this?

Thanks

Maybe the bearing is in backwards? Don't have one to check though, with a shot. Is it a new kit, what brand?
The owb is installed correctly spins freely anti clockwise amd locks on clockwise but with not alot of pressure the main spur spins on the actual bearing.
Sounds like the 1way bearing is installed backwards
The owb is installed correctly spins freely anti clockwise amd locks on clockwise but with not alot of pressure the main spur spins on the actual bearing

I had a 3 speed beforehand and that had a pin going through layshaft to hold it all. This 2 speed is just a needle bearing sitted in the spur. I'll will try some loctite compound.
Not to good, gear is oversized. Try to set it with green bearing lock loctite ... or epoxy, but there should be more than just the interference fit of the bearing to drive your gear!

Screenshot_20240407_163652_Gallery.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks