Brand new 5Ive T 2.0 won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trackjunkie01

Hey guys, newbie here to large scale and the forum but not to RC. Just picked up a new Losi 5ive T2.0 and can't get it to start. Brand new non-eth fuel and oil mix. Followed the start up procedure provided in the manual but nothing. It's getting good spark so I assume its not the kill switch. Double checked the H and L needle settings and they are correct. Pulled the carb and flushed out the fuel and reinstalled it and it ran about 3 seconds. The fuel vent on the cap is working properly. Fuel trim on the servo is set correctly (I think) so I can't figure it out. It's def not flooding the engine bc when I pull the plug no fuel comes out. I actually suspect it's not getting fuel.....Any ideas?

It's good practice to change gaskets if you ever pull the carb off, is the spark plug wet at all? How many pulls did you give it before you stopped? Did you flip it over and pull it without the plug in? See if any fuel comes out as it could be flooded. What's your starting process? Choke, no choke, how are you pulling it. Yes there is a specific way I/we start these so they don't flood and cause issues.

It's good practice to change gaskets if you ever pull the carb off, is the spark plug wet at all? How many pulls did you give it before you stopped? Did you flip it over and pull it without the plug in? See if any fuel comes out as it could be flooded. What's your starting process? Choke, no choke, how are you pulling it. Yes there is a specific way I/we start these so they don't flood and cause issues.
Plug is slightly wet but not dripping with fuel. I've given it 15-20 quick pulls each attempt with no indication of fire. I've pulled the plug and given it 5-7 pulls to clear the cylinder but that didn't do anything and no fuel comes out of the cylinder. I've tried it many times with full choke and no choke; doesn't make a difference. Being brand new, the gaskets are in good shape, so I haven't replaced them. I haven't flipped it over to try and start it.

It's flooded, I only have to pull mine 3 times slowly on choke and it pops granted the compression is higher and that helps tremendously. These don't start like weed whackers where you have to pull the crap out of them to start.... it doesn't matter that the gasket is new, the gasket "crushes" to seal once its crushed it may or may not seal again.. Dry the spark plug with a small torch and try again.

It's flooded, I only have to pull mine 3 times slowly on choke and it pops granted the compression is higher and that helps tremendously. These don't start like weed whackers where you have to pull the crap out of them to start.... it doesn't matter that the gasket is new, the gasket "crushes" to seal once its crushed it may or may not seal again.. Dry the spark plug with a small torch and try again.
Thank you. One thing I missed in the Zenoah manual was cracking the throttle 1/4-1/3 way open on starting. That's not in the Losi manual or radio manual. Hopefully I'll have more luck today starting it.

So after trying again this morning, the engine continues to be flooded and I can't figure out why. All fuel was drained from the carb and I started fresh. Didn't prime the bulb and tried to see if it would start with 0 fuel in the carb. Nothing. So then I primed it just enough to get fuel into the return line. Pulled several more times and still nothing. Pulled the plug and it is soaked with gas. When I pull the inlet line to the carb, fuel is streaming out, almost like its under pressure....I def have a flooding issue, but why?

Check the vent under the cap also.. when these flood the gas won't evaporate on its own, it took me 2 days to get a severely flooded engine to run again. Pull the plug and flip the truck over and pull it, see how much fuel comes out.

Turned it upside down without the plug and gave it several pulls and a fair amount of fuel did come out so I gently pulled until just vapor was exiting the head. Turned it back over and after a few pulls it lit right up up!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the tips and advice!! Much appreciated!! (y)(y) Now to get it broken in properly and tuned!

now you've got it started, by a couple of spare spark plugs as yrs will foul up shortly running richer and it wont start
enjoy it

Back