Component Question - Sourcing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

429CV23

Hey All
I've jumped back into my 45" jetboat build. 50mm pump and motor are mocked up and temporarily in. I'm looking for ideas on mounting the ESC. I have a 400a which is large and heavy, and would like to mount it on a plate above the floor of the hull. I am searching for standoffs that can be epoxied to the raw floor before I paint the hull interior. I found some nice pieces that use 4mm screws, are 12mm tall and have a wide round base with holes for gluing, but they're located in China with a fairly long ETA.
Are there any U.S. based suppliers that carry that type of standoff? What else is a viable way to mount a large ESC?
Thanks!!

I ordered 6 standoffs which are 12mm tall with a nice shoulder, and a battery tray large enough to mount the ESC and receiver. The standoffs were just over $3 each, and should have a <14day ship time. I may still pick up a 1/8" aluminum sheet so I can angle the mounting edges to match the hull since the standoffs will be at an angle with respect to the mounting tray.

Attachments

• Rc-Boat-Spare-Part.jpg_.jpg
    Rc-Boat-Spare-Part.jpg_.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 1
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks